Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » Resizing columns in TreeViewer(Columns resize themselves although it is not intended)
Resizing columns in TreeViewer [message #757477] Fri, 18 November 2011 15:14 Go to next message
Claudia Knobloch is currently offline Claudia KnoblochFriend
Hi, I am working on the Eclipse PTP project and I am running into a problem. Before I explain my problem I want to give a short description of one of the ideas of PTP. This is to connected with a supercomputer, to get information from it and display these information in Eclipse. To display the information (like all running jobs) I am using among other things a TreeViewer with several TreeViewerColumns.

When I connect to a supercomputer the information are displayed. Then I change the width of one of the columns and disconnect with the supercomputer again. The next time I connect to the supercomputer the columns are resizing themselves and this several times. It seems like they are floating to the left. It also depends on the supercomputing. One behaves only a little bit in this way. Another one behaves totally in this way.

I did some research on the web but I found no solution for this problem. I am very thankful for every idea how to fix this bug.
Re: Resizing columns in TreeViewer [message #758178 is a reply to message #757477] Tue, 22 November 2011 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Singer is currently offline Thomas SingerFriend
Could you provide a small sample project showing this effect without the need for super-computing?

Tom
Re: Resizing columns in TreeViewer [message #759406 is a reply to message #757477] Mon, 28 November 2011 15:21 Go to previous message
Claudia Knobloch is currently offline Claudia KnoblochFriend
Hi,

I am still trying to implement an sample project which shows the same behavior. During I tried this I could reconstruct another problem. The sample project is attached.

Two views - in the second view the columns don't have the right size.
If you go to the perspective Sample Perspective, there is a menu Sample Menu with the point Load. If you click on this point without switching between the two Sample Views, in the hidden view (during the "load") the columns are pressed to the left corner. Do you switch between the two views, everything is normal.

During debugging I realized in the hidden view the size of the composite is not correct, but I do not know how to change it.

Thanks,
Claudia
  • Attachment: sample.zip
    (Size: 46.53KB, Downloaded 186 times)
Previous Topic:MenuManager as submenu with ISelectionListener
Next Topic:DialogCellEditor databinding
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:11:19 GMT 2024