Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [Query2] Execute queries on large model
[Query2] Execute queries on large model [message #757415] Fri, 18 November 2011 10:58 Go to next message
Nicolas Rousseau is currently offline Nicolas RousseauFriend
Hello,

I try to use Emf Query2 but on large model, with "many" resources.
I got a problem on both performances and memory...

Code is a little more complex, but it's based on the same model as:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/675736/
Only difference maybe is that some queries have some where clause with parameters.

Actually, it will index very fast it seems.... too fast certainly, since it's like nothing done (??)
In my test actually, there is like 750 resources.
(~250 unique items, splitted in 3 resources linked)

All executions of the queries are really slow. (which makes impossible almost to use this tool right now)
It seems all executions will load (and reload...) all resources, and there will be a problem of memory after few queries.

I thought the index will store all the basic info, then later all queries should be fast without have to load any resource... no?

Or maybe something i missed, or something that could improve the index to store more information?

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
Finally "fixed" the problem by using half emf query / half standard emf calls to optimize.
Anyway an answer could be helpfull still. (note that when i execute all the queries, i know my data won't change during this time, so no need to reload all each time)

[Updated on: Mon, 21 November 2011 05:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Query2] Execute queries on large model [message #757656 is a reply to message #757415] Mon, 21 November 2011 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saurav sarkar is currently offline saurav sarkarFriend
Hi Nicholas,

Have built up the indexes for your model.? Query2 engine efficiency increase if you
use the index.

cheers,
Saurav

Re: [Query2] Execute queries on large model [message #758150 is a reply to message #757656] Tue, 22 November 2011 07:27 Go to previous message
Nicolas Rousseau is currently offline Nicolas RousseauFriend
Hello,

index should be built normally (based on this: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/675736/)

After i don't know how it's built, but my data are like:

emfObject.setLabel("A");
emfObject.getProperty().setName("PROP1");
emfObject.getProperty().setValue("VALUE1");

I mean most of the objects are similar, and have only some label / strings with differences.

if some queries are a little slow, is it possible to optimize by defining some "index keys" ? (same as we would do for SQL)

note: none of the UI plugins are used in my case.
Previous Topic:Static package registration not populating same registry accessed by EMF deserialization code
Next Topic:Not all labels for enumeration values are shown in property sheet view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:56:20 GMT 2024