Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » No auto-refresh of display?
No auto-refresh of display? [message #757401] Fri, 18 November 2011 09:42 Go to next message
edbras Missing name is currently offline edbras Missing nameFriend
Hi,
I have an auto-refresh problem (see attachment) due to a official-not-supported nvidia card that I use in my laptop (that's what Clevo told me). But still: other people are running the same configuration and have no problem, but neither do they use Eclipse.
In the mean time, till I might get a new video card, I have to deal with this problem.

Problem: I am working in Eclipse, then I minimize it and maximize it again and it looks like in the attachment. It only occurs with Eclipse and not other app in Windows 7 64bit.
If I force a resize by clicking the eclipse title bar, the application looks good again.

So my question: which setting can I specify to the VM to overcome this rendering problem?
I tried the following in the eclipse ini file but without any luck:
--
-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true
-Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false
-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false
---

Please some advice on how to solve this issue?
- Ed
  • Attachment: refresh3.png
    (Size: 159.73KB, Downloaded 219 times)
Re: No auto-refresh of display? [message #757451 is a reply to message #757401] Fri, 18 November 2011 13:34 Go to previous message
edbras Missing name is currently offline edbras Missing nameFriend
Ok, somebody just pointed out this bug:
bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=285363#c34
And indeed this seems to be my problem. I applied the workaround in comment 34 and it has effect. Smile.. I looks good for now..
I searched a long time, but missed that bug Sad
- Ed
Previous Topic:Eclipse editor problem
Next Topic:NLS unused message
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:30:43 GMT 2024