Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Does WB support customized control tree?
Does WB support customized control tree? [message #757369] Fri, 18 November 2011 03:17 Go to next message
Dailey Dai is currently offline Dailey DaiFriend

Hi,All
I am a new guy for window builder.
I have a problem here, I want use other customized control to visual design by window builder, but those controls are not inherit swing or other window builder support GUI, my customized control is like swing, I packaged the swing control in my customized control, it maybe like following:
public class Edit
{
	private JPanel jpanel;
	private JTextComponent jtext;
	private JScrollPane scroll_Pane;
        //other code
}

First, I try to add a bean info, and add it to window builder component palette,
it is OK to be added and show property, but it is unrecognized as visual control.
How can I make it to be visual control in window builder? Should I add a entry for window builder as a enhancement? How can I do it first?
Thank everybody for any suggestion.
Re: Does WB support customized control tree? [message #757371 is a reply to message #757369] Fri, 18 November 2011 03:22 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
If you want to make a custom widget, it should inherit from one of the known GUI classes and conform to one of the main Java UI frameworks (like Swing or SWT). If you want to create your own UI toolkit and set of widgets, you will need to add support for your toolkit to WindowBuilder (as has been done in the past for SWT, Swing, GWT, etc.). That would be a lot of work.

IMO, I can't think of any good reason to do what you are doing, so I highly recommend against it. A composite of multiple Swing widgets (like you describe) should just be created as a JPanel subclass.
Previous Topic:Switch Java Class To WindowBuilder
Next Topic:Custom Editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:12:09 GMT 2024