Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » EDT SQLDataSource init error - REST webservices - running on tomcat
EDT SQLDataSource init error - REST webservices - running on tomcat [message #756656] Mon, 14 November 2011 15:26 Go to next message
Chris Houben is currently offline Chris HoubenFriend
hi,

When I debug my libraries via debug in EDT, I have no problem.
But when I deploy my project on a tomcat server, I get an error while init of SQLDataSource.

I receive an error on statement ds SQLDataSource?{@resource{bindingkey = "NewDerby"}};
errormessage: EGL0040E No file name was provided to get resource.
example:

// basic library
library customerLib

myCustomers CUSTOMER[]{};
myCustomer CUSTOMER;
rs SQLResultSet?;

function getCustomerList() returns(CUSTOMER[]);

try
  ds SQLDataSource?{@resource{bindingkey = "NewDerby"}};
  open rs from ds with #sql{select * from egl.customer order by customer_id};
  while (rs.setNext())
	get myCustomer from rs; myCustomers.appendElement(myCustomer);			
  end
onException(exception AnyException)

end

return(myCustomers);
end	
end

What can be the problem here?

Re: EDT SQLDataSource init error - REST webservices - running on tomcat [message #756681 is a reply to message #756656] Mon, 14 November 2011 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will Smythe is currently offline Will SmytheFriend
Hi Chris - assuming "NewDerby" is setup properly in the deployment descriptor you are using to deploy the application, this looks like a bug. Can you open a bug? https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=EDT
Re: EDT SQLDataSource init error - REST webservices - running on tomcat [message #756743 is a reply to message #756656] Mon, 14 November 2011 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin Spadea is currently offline Justin SpadeaFriend
Hi Chris,

What's happening is the target project does not have the configuration set up that specifies which deployment descriptor is the default. Here's how you can work around this:

1. In your target web project create an empty file "rununit.properties" inside the Java source folder. This file should go in the root of this folder, not in one of the packages.

2. Paste the following into rununit.properties:
egl.application.property.file=mydd-bnd.xml

Where "mydd" is the name of your deployment descriptor, lowercased. This "-bnd.xml" file gets created during deployment and contains the resource bindings. It's located in the same place that you created rununit.properties.

-Justin
Re: EDT SQLDataSource init error - REST webservices - running on tomcat [message #756837 is a reply to message #756743] Tue, 15 November 2011 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Houben is currently offline Chris HoubenFriend
Thanks for reply Justin, I will try this solution.. !

Bug 363792 was submitted.
Re: EDT SQLDataSource init error - REST webservices - running on tomcat [message #760247 is a reply to message #756837] Thu, 01 December 2011 16:57 Go to previous message
Will Smythe is currently offline Will SmytheFriend
This was fixed and will be available in 0.7.
Previous Topic:Java 1.6, Servlet 2.5 and J2EE Preview Server
Next Topic:Possible problem with basic handlers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:29:12 GMT 2024