Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Exception after splitting GUI into several classes (Simple refactoring killed "Design" view)
Exception after splitting GUI into several classes [message #756533] Mon, 14 November 2011 08:55 Go to next message
dkane  is currently offline dkane Friend
Hello.

I have created main form UI using WindowBuilder. Several text fields are being initialized dynamically from Spring Context, and in "Design" tab I have seen <dynamic> text in these fields - that's ok. At runtime they were initialized properly.

The problems began when I encapsulated part of UI in custom JPanel descendant. This panel exactly contains these dynamic fields, UI was not changed, just refactored. But now when I click on "Design" tab in main frame, I am getting a pink square in place of this panel with message "Exception during creation of..." . Details says that exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.beans.BeansException.

I wonder (1) how to fix that , and (2) why it was not the case when I dealed with single class .

In order to workaround that, I tried to bypass the design time initialization using hidden code tags $hide>>$ , $hide<<$ - but WindowBuilder ignores them.

Many thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 November 2011 12:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Exception after splitting GUI into several classes [message #756651 is a reply to message #756533] Mon, 14 November 2011 15:16 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
Code hiding tags only apply to the actual class you are editing. They have no effect on any custom components you are using. Those are instantiated just like any other widget, so you need to make sure that they don't have any runtime dependencies that don't apply at design time. This is covered in the WB FAQ.
Previous Topic:Get the latest trunk version of WindowBuilder
Next Topic:FieldEditors beginner problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:25:14 GMT 2024