Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Startup order problem in installed RCP application(core.runtime bundle not started correctly when starting installed application.)
Startup order problem in installed RCP application [message #756480] Sun, 13 November 2011 21:18 Go to next message
Thomas C. Franke is currently offline Thomas C. FrankeFriend
Hi,

I want to build and deploy my RCP application headless using buckminster (using Eclipse IDE the project exports works fine). I tried followed the Relf Ebert tutorial so (create p2.site, manual install using stndalone director).

Problem now is the exception when starting the manually installed application (after created with director):

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:74)

What I found out already is that the config.ini created by buckminster or director (don't know who creates it) has following line:
osgi.bundles=....,reference\:file\:org.eclipse.core.runtime_3.6.0.v20100505.jar@4,....

Changing the value "4" by "start" manually it works. But how to tell it buckminster?
I tried to add start level configuration in my product specification (PRODUCTNAME.product) - this seems to be ignored during invoking buckinster site.p2 action.

Does anyone know where to continue searching for the root problem. And why does buckminster creates a config.ini file that doesn't work from by default?

Thx
Thomas
Re: Startup order problem in installed RCP application [message #756543 is a reply to message #756480] Mon, 14 November 2011 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Hi Thomas,

Do you have the org.eclipse.equinox.executable feature in your target platform?

- thomas

On 2011-11-13 22:18, Thomas C. Franke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to build and deploy my RCP application headless using buckminster (using Eclipse IDE the project exports works
> fine). I tried followed the Relf Ebert tutorial so (create p2.site, manual install using stndalone director).
>
> Problem now is the exception when starting the manually installed application (after created with director):
>
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle
> is resolved and started (see config.ini).
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:74)
>
>
> What I found out already is that the config.ini created by buckminster or director (don't know who creates it) has
> following line:
>
> osgi.bundles=....,reference\:file\:org.eclipse.core.runtime_3.6.0.v20100505.jar@4,....
>
>
> Changing the value "4" by "start" manually it works. But how to tell it buckminster?
> I tried to add start level configuration in my product specification (PRODUCTNAME.product) - this seems to be ignored
> during invoking buckinster site.p2 action.
>
> Does anyone know where to continue searching for the root problem. And why does buckminster creates a config.ini file
> that doesn't work from by default?
>
> Thx
> Thomas
Re: Startup order problem in installed RCP application [message #756755 is a reply to message #756543] Mon, 14 November 2011 23:11 Go to previous message
Thomas C. Franke is currently offline Thomas C. FrankeFriend
org.eclipse.equinox.executable is located in "targetPlatform\features" folder.
So I think if the feature is needed it can be resolved.
Do I have to include it somehow?

The problem also occurred when performing the site.p2 from inside IDE and than installing using director manually.

The target platform in eclipse is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<?pde version="3.6"?>

<target name="serviceTargetPlatform">
<locations>

<location includeAllPlatforms="true" includeMode="slicer" includeSource="false" type="InstallableUnit">
<unit id="org.eclipse.rcp.feature.group" version="3.6.2.r362_v20101104-9SAxFMKFkSAqi8axkv1ZjegmiBLY"/>
<unit id="org.eclipse.rcp.source.feature.group" version="3.6.2.r362_v20101104-9SAxFMKFkSAqi8axkv1ZjegmiBLY"/>
<repository location="file:///c:/workspace/alereServiceTargetPlatform/repo/"/>
</location>

<location id="org.eclipse.equinox.executable" path="c:\workspace\alereServiceTargetPlatform\repo" type="Feature"/>
</locations>
</target>

Don't know why the second location is needed explicitely and not covered by first location (but without it can't choose export multiple platforms in eclipse). When installing with director I simply called director with "-r file://c:/workspace/alereServiceTargetPlatform/repo" because I don't know how to tell director or buckminster to load the .target file.

Maybe the target platform is not created as it should. Does anyone know a good howto to create a target platform that can be used headless and for cross platform - or am I too stupid to call director with the .target file somehow?

thx

[Updated on: Fri, 18 November 2011 01:47]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Buckminster 3.6 does not resolve targetPlatform sources
Next Topic:No component named ... is known to Buckminster
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:35:03 GMT 2024