Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » [solved] PSF example? Getting "Cannot resolve 'psf:PSFProvider'"
icon5.gif  [solved] PSF example? Getting "Cannot resolve 'psf:PSFProvider'" [message #756446] Sun, 13 November 2011 12:03 Go to next message
Volker Stolz is currently offline Volker StolzFriend
Hi everyone, I need help again; I can't get the PSFProvider to work:

vs$ ./buckminster -L DEBUG -data ~/ws-bucky import /Users/vs/Documents/rcos-workspace/documentation/Eclipse/rcos.cquery 
import '/Users/vs/Documents/rcos-workspace/documentation/Eclipse/rcos.cquery'
Platform install location: /Users/vs/bucky
Target platform provided by class org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.internal.PDETargetPlatform
edu.unu.iist.rcos.modeler:eclipse.feature: Using resolver rmap
edu.unu.iist.rcos.modeler:eclipse.feature: Using resolver Local resolver
edu.unu.iist.rcos.modeler:eclipse.feature: Trying provider local(materialized)
No materialization found for edu.unu.iist.rcos.modeler:eclipse.feature
edu.unu.iist.rcos.modeler:eclipse.feature: Trying provider local(workspace)
No open workspace project found that corresponds to edu.unu.iist.rcos.modeler:eclipse.feature
edu.unu.iist.rcos.modeler:eclipse.feature: Trying provider local(target)
edu.unu.iist.rcos.modeler:eclipse.feature: Rejecting provider eclipse.platform(feature/edu.unu.iist.rcos.modeler): No component match was found
ERROR   [0001] : org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-elt.4.2: Cannot resolve 'psf:PSFProvider' to a type definition for element 'rm:provider'.: file:/Users/vs/Documents/rcos-workspace/documentation/Eclipse/rcos.rmap at line: 6 column: 34
INFO:  TAG-ID 0001 = Query for edu.unu.iist.rcos.modeler:eclipse.feature

The rmap looks like this:

<rm:rmap xmlns:rm="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/RMap-1.0" xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:psf="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/PSFProvider-1.0">
  <rm:locator pattern="edu.unu" searchPathRef="rCOS"/>
  <rm:searchPath name="rCOS">
<rm:provider xi:type="psf:PSFProvider" psfFile="rCOS-Modeler.psf" readerType="svn" componentTypes="osgi.bundle,eclipse.feature,buckminster"
   mutable="false" source="true">
        <rm:uri format="http://svn.re.po/path/" />
</rm:provider>
</rm:searchPath>
</rm:rmap>

I tried comparing it with the Maven provider, but it seems the plugins are structured completely different. In case you're asking, the PSF provider plugin is installed from the buckminster 3.7 headless site, yes Wink

As usual, any help is greatly appreciated!
Volker

[Updated on: Wed, 07 December 2011 12:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: PSF example? Getting "Cannot resolve 'psf:PSFProvider'" [message #756871 is a reply to message #756446] Tue, 15 November 2011 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still no progress with this problem. Unfortunately, again I don't know how to debug that since a lot of middleware seems to be involved. Given that nobody seems to be able to say "works fine for me", I'm thinking of filing a bug...

Any comments?

-Volker
Re: PSF example? Getting &quot;Cannot resolve 'psf:PSFProvider'&quot; [message #759390 is a reply to message #756871] Mon, 28 November 2011 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Hi Volker,

Sorry for late reply. From the looks of it the "Buckminster - Team Project Set (PSF) support" feature isn't active. Can
you please verify that it is installed and that there are no errors pertaining to it in the error log?

- thomas

On 2011-11-15 12:59, Volker Stolz wrote:
> Still no progress with this problem. Unfortunately, again I don't know how to debug that since a lot of middleware seems
> to be involved. Given that nobody seems to be able to say "works fine for me", I'm thinking of filing a bug...
>
> Any comments?
>
> -Volker
Re: PSF example? Getting &quot;Cannot resolve 'psf:PSFProvider'&quot; [message #759397 is a reply to message #759390] Mon, 28 November 2011 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Thomas, thanks for looking into this!
There's no entry whatsoever in workspace/.metadata/.log, the Buckminster PSF plugin was installed through "buckminster install" and is in the plugin directory in both installations where I tried.

Anywhere else I should look?

Update
Tracing the invocation of buckminster using 'truss' on Solaris shows no sign of it actually ever looking at ANY of the plugin/*psf*-files.

-Volker

[Updated on: Mon, 28 November 2011 15:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: PSF example? Getting &amp;quot;Cannot resolve 'psf:PSFProvider'&amp;quot; [message #759438 is a reply to message #759397] Mon, 28 November 2011 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
This looks like the result of a merge gone bad a while back. Can you please file a bugzilla on this?

Thanks,
- thomas

On 2011-11-28 15:47, Volker Stolz wrote:
> Hi Thomas, thanks for looking into this!
> There's no entry whatsoever in workspace/.metadata/.log, the Buckminster PSF plugin was installed through "buckminster
> installed" and is in the plugin directory in both installations where I tried.
>
> Anywhere else I should look?
>
> -Volker
Re: PSF example? Getting &amp;quot;Cannot resolve 'psf:PSFProvider'&amp;quot; [message #759443 is a reply to message #759438] Mon, 28 November 2011 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ticket: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=364977

-Volker
Re: PSF example? Getting &amp;quot;Cannot resolve 'psf:PSFProvider'&amp;quot; [message #759847 is a reply to message #759443] Wed, 30 November 2011 10:04 Go to previous message
Great, it's working fine now!

-V
Previous Topic:headless Buckminster build fails with "Unbound classpath container" on OSX Lion
Next Topic:PSF with empty CVS password?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:39:53 GMT 2024