Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » HELP CREATING JAVA PROGRAM!!!!!(Creating a program that converts human years to dog years)
HELP CREATING JAVA PROGRAM!!!!! [message #756407] Sat, 12 November 2011 20:39 Go to next message
Sarah  is currently offline Sarah Friend
Hello,

I am new to Eclipse and I have to create a program that asks the user how old they are, and then computes and displays the user's age in dog years. The formula is: Age in dog years = person's actual age * 7

I am using the book Alice in Action with Java and it's programming project 7.2. This is my first time ever doing Java and I am totally lost. I was able to get the project started in Eclipse, so I made it that far at least. And unfortunately, this is due tomorrow night. Ive been looking at the tutorials and what not but it's not of any help with what I need to do to create this. It reminds me of my HTML class I had before and it was a nightmare. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!
Re: HELP CREATING JAVA PROGRAM!!!!! [message #756411 is a reply to message #756407] Sat, 12 November 2011 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
somecallmetim  is currently offline somecallmetim Friend
I don't know anything about Eclipse, but I've been programming in java using Netbeans for a couple of months now and if it's just a coding problem you're having, that's a program I could write in my sleep (as I'm sure is true of most people on this site). Is your problem one where you're not sure how to use the IDE or one where you're not sure how the coding is supposed to work? Have you been able to get any other programs to work in eclipse?
Re: HELP CREATING JAVA PROGRAM!!!!! [message #756415 is a reply to message #756411] Sat, 12 November 2011 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sarah  is currently offline Sarah Friend
I don't really understand the coding. The book has an example of a program made in Eclipse but it's not really giving me all the tips I need to do the coding for this. This is my first time ever using this program. I've put in some code but I don't know what all I need to make this actually work.
Re: HELP CREATING JAVA PROGRAM!!!!! [message #756424 is a reply to message #756407] Sun, 13 November 2011 07:28 Go to previous message
Michael Pellaton is currently offline Michael PellatonFriend
Hi

There are video-tutorials that explain the basics of Eclipse and Java
projects:

http://eclipsetutorial.sourceforge.net/

Hope that helps,
Michael
Previous Topic:setting up eclipse
Next Topic:Error occurs in OSX but not in Windows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:19:03 GMT 2024