Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Export Eclipse Plugins Error
Export Eclipse Plugins Error [message #756271] Fri, 11 November 2011 18:17 Go to next message
andreea  is currently offline andreea Friend
Hi,
I have a fairly basic plugin (similar to the hello world example) that I try to export.
However, I get the following error:

/user_data/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/temp/org.eclipse.pde.container.feature/assemble.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.linux.gtk.x86_64.xml:88: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/user_data/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/temp/org.eclipse.pde.container.feature/assemble.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.linux.gtk.x86_64.xml:103: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/user_data/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/temp/org.eclipse.pde.container.feature/assemble.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.linux.gtk.x86_64.xml:26: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/user_data/workspace/com.dneg.adddocs/build.xml:389: Problem: failed to create task or type eclipse.versionReplacer
Cause: The name is undefined.
Action: Check the spelling.
Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.

The following error occurred while executing this line:
/user_data/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/temp/org.eclipse.pde.container.feature/assemble.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.linux.gtk.x86_64.xml:103: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/user_data/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/temp/org.eclipse.pde.container.feature/assemble.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.linux.gtk.x86_64.xml:26: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/user_data/workspace/com.dneg.adddocs/build.xml:389: Problem: failed to create task or type eclipse.versionReplacer
Cause: The name is undefined.
Action: Check the spelling.
Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.

I have double, even triple checked everything is according to the eclipse tutorial..
I don't seem to see what the problem is..
What has ANT got to do with my build.xml file? I thought eclipse automatically does it so I didn't need to write any code.. or am i completely missing something?

Any little help would be much appreciated!
Thanks!
Re: Export Eclipse Plugins Error [message #756517 is a reply to message #756271] Mon, 14 November 2011 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ankur Sharma is currently offline Ankur SharmaFriend
Please post this on PDE forum so that other committers can also help you.

My hunch is that the plug-in is unable to get the fragments it needs for linux gtk. This might happen if you have specified the platform, etc in the manifest and do not have the Delta pack installed.

You may also want to sync the build.properties file in sync with your dev environment by using the PDE preferences. The build.properties file will govern the export process.
Re: Export Eclipse Plugins Error [message #756693 is a reply to message #756517] Mon, 14 November 2011 17:09 Go to previous message
andreea  is currently offline andreea Friend
I get the same thing when I sync it .. no clue what else i can do... all the libraries seem in place.
Previous Topic:Custom LaunchShortcut, debugger does not link source
Next Topic:[Feature request] Highlight own java files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:00:18 GMT 2024