Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Project-less debugging: Program is not a recognized executable.
Project-less debugging: Program is not a recognized executable. [message #756242] Fri, 11 November 2011 16:22 Go to next message
Klaus km is currently offline Klaus kmFriend
Hello all,

i choose a binary (compiled with MinGW) on my disk and try to debug it using Eclipse.

According to the CDT-FAQ this should be possible in Indigo:
[I could not post the FAQ-link, but you will find it, if you google for "Can I debug a process that I didn't develop in Eclipse?"]

When I run this debug configuration, I always get the error message "Program is not a recognized executable."

To verify this, I created the simple "Hello World ANSI C Project" example which is integrated in the CDT plugin. I could compile and debug the "hello.exe" example and it works like a charm.

If I close the Hello World project and create a project-less configuration like it is described in the FAQ, than I always get the error "Program is not a recognized executable" when i try to execute the same "hello.exe" example.

My system:
Win XP, Eclipse Indigo + CDT 8, MinGW, GDB 7.3.1

Do you have any idea why I get this error message?
Maybe a bug in Eclipse and/or CDT?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Project-less debugging: Program is not a recognized executable. [message #756727 is a reply to message #756242] Mon, 14 November 2011 20:22 Go to previous message
Klaus km is currently offline Klaus kmFriend
OK, i found this Bugzilla entry. Guess that that is exactly the problem i found...

"bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=344470"

Any hint for a workaround?

Previous Topic:How to turn existing local (Photran+MPI) project into a synchronized project ?
Next Topic:Beginner - No new Projects available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:41:17 GMT 2024