Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Plugin problem
Plugin problem [message #755829] Wed, 09 November 2011 17:44
Ryan Bis is currently offline Ryan BisFriend
Hello,

I'm currently writing an eclipse plugin aimed at people who've used Google's App Inventor, and want to take the next step into programming with eclipse, and the android SDK.

The plugin is the android new project wizard slightly modified to copy over a few different files. All the files copy over fine except for one. All the other files are plain text files. The one file which isn't being copied is a jar file. Strange thing is that it works when testing (hitting F11 when in the project). The file copies to the appropriate directory (lib), and is added to the build path.

However, I created a Feature to be able to distribute the plugin. I installed the plugin through the Install New Software wizard. Now, when I create a project with the newly installed wizard, It creates everything fine, except for that jar file. It still adds it to the build path, but when I right click on the file, and hit properties, it shows it as not being there.

At first I thought it was because of the build path (which it was because I wasn't getting the icons, or the text files either), but I added the jar and the necessary files to be included in the binary file.

Is it because it's a jar file?

The jar file itself is about 450KB, so i'm not sure if size is the issue or not.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

- Ryan
Previous Topic:Install JRE
Next Topic:(to delete)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 05:05:06 GMT 2024