Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Strange behavior with Chrome
Strange behavior with Chrome [message #755474] Tue, 08 November 2011 15:47 Go to next message
Arnaud MERGEY is currently offline Arnaud MERGEYFriend
Hello,

Using a RAP application with Google Chrome (I have version 15) Sometimes I noticed incorrect display with item selection in UI.

This issue seems to occurs randomly, only with chrome, with FF (7) and IE (9), I never noticed it.

For example in a tree, a Selected Item is not highlighted correctly. good.jpg is the expected display of selected items, and sometimes I have bad.jpg display.

I manage to always reproduce the issue in a snippet I will attach to this post.

- Launch snippet.scrolling
- Double-Click on one item on left tree
- Double-Click on one item on the table in the opened editor
- Select one item in the dialog, you should see bad highlighting.

After some selection, the highlighting becomes good, but can be bad again sometimes

If you do the same test with FF and IE, the issue should not happened.
I have also tested with 1.5 M2 and I experienced same issue.

I cannot be sure, but it seems this kind of issue did not occur before so maybe it has been introduced with recent version of chrome.
Are you aware of some issues with chrome ?

Thanks,
Regards,
Arnaud
  • Attachment: good.jpg
    (Size: 8.51KB, Downloaded 187 times)
  • Attachment: bad.jpg
    (Size: 8.63KB, Downloaded 149 times)
  • Attachment: snippet.zip
    (Size: 39.20KB, Downloaded 142 times)
Re: Strange behavior with Chrome [message #756149 is a reply to message #755474] Fri, 11 November 2011 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi Arnaud,
as Chrome is using WebKit engine, probably you could reproduce it in
Safari as well. Please open a bugzilla about this issue and attach the
snippet there.
Best,
Ivan

On 11/8/2011 5:47 PM, Arnaud MERGEY wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Using a RAP application with Google Chrome (I have version 15) Sometimes I noticed incorrect display with item selection in UI.
>
> This issue seems to occurs randomly, only with chrome, with FF (7) and IE (9), I never noticed it.
>
> For example in a tree, a Selected Item is not highlighted correctly. good.jpg is the expected display of selected items, and sometimes I have bad.jpg display.
>
>
> I manage to always reproduce the issue in a snippet I will attach to this post.
>
> - Launch snippet.scrolling
> - Double-Click on one item on left tree
> - Double-Click on one item on the table in the opened editor
> - Select one item in the dialog, you should see bad highlighting.
>
> After some selection, the highlighting becomes good, but can be bad again sometimes
>
> If you do the same test with FF and IE, the issue should not happened.
> I have also tested with 1.5 M2 and I experienced same issue.
>
> I cannot be sure, but it seems this kind of issue did not occur before so maybe it has been introduced with recent version of chrome.
> Are you aware of some issues with chrome ?
>
> Thanks,
> Regards,
> Arnaud
Re: Strange behavior with Chrome [message #756538 is a reply to message #756149] Mon, 14 November 2011 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ivan thanks for reply.
I cannot reproduce with Safari, and good news I cannot reproduce with chrome as well, and I notice my chrome version has increased between the day I saw the issue and now. So it was probably something on Chrome side. Unless I found something else, I will not open the bug for now.

Regards,
Arnaud
Re: Strange behavior with Chrome [message #756539 is a reply to message #756149] Mon, 14 November 2011 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ivan thanks for reply.
I cannot reproduce with Safari, and good news I cannot reproduce with chrome as well, and I notice my chrome version has increased between the day I saw the issue and now. So it was probably something on Chrome side. Unless I found something else, I will not open the bug for now.

Regards,
Arnaud
Re: Strange behavior with Chrome [message #756642 is a reply to message #756539] Mon, 14 November 2011 14:58 Go to previous message
Cole Markham is currently offline Cole MarkhamFriend

Arnaud,

I agree that it was probably a Chrome issue, especially if you are on the Dev or Beta channels. We have seen several issues with RAP running in Chrome that have been later resolved by a Chrome update. Glad it works for you now.

Cole
Re: Strange behavior with Chrome [message #756645 is a reply to message #756539] Mon, 14 November 2011 14:58 Go to previous message
Cole Markham is currently offline Cole MarkhamFriend

Arnaud,

I agree that it was probably a Chrome issue, especially if you are on the Dev or Beta channels. We have seen several issues with RAP running in Chrome that have been later resolved by a Chrome update. Glad it works for you now.

Cole
Previous Topic:Set scroll behavior for Scroller
Next Topic:Strange behavior with Chrome
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:58:34 GMT 2024