Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » using the eclipse runtime in virgo
using the eclipse runtime in virgo [message #755277] Mon, 07 November 2011 22:03 Go to next message
Tommy Chan is currently offline Tommy ChanFriend
Hi everyone,

I am encountering a problem here...our team is trying to port an eclipse Eclipse RCP project into the web and so the first step is to try to use Virgo to use the plugins. I have created all the correct things but when I try to use an extension point (an Eclipse concept) it gives me a null pointer exception on this call:

org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.getExtensionRegistry(); // null here

Does anyone have any experience when it comes to solving this problem?

Thanks,

Tom

[Updated on: Mon, 07 November 2011 22:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: using the eclipse runtime in virgo [message #755326 is a reply to message #755277] Tue, 08 November 2011 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hristo Iliev is currently offline Hristo IlievFriend

Do you have org.eclipse.equinox.registry bundle and all its dependencies in Virgo?
Re: using the eclipse runtime in virgo [message #755512 is a reply to message #755326] Tue, 08 November 2011 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tommy Chan is currently offline Tommy ChanFriend
Update: I have added all of its dependencies to repository/usr but it seems that the bundles are not in STARTED state unless I manually start them myself. When that happens I don't get the NPE anymore but my app does not seem to register any extension points since the app started first and then I started the org.eclipse..registry bundle.

Is there a way to automatically start that bundle? I saw in a forum that in virgo 2.x that bundle started itself whereas in 3.0.1 (the version I'm using) it doesn't start by itself.
Re: using the eclipse runtime in virgo [message #755634 is a reply to message #755512] Wed, 09 November 2011 07:45 Go to previous message
Hristo Iliev is currently offline Hristo IlievFriend

The problem seems to be the same as in this forum topic.

Previous Topic:A bundle could not be resolved
Next Topic:where is the maven repository for org.eclipse.virgo.util 3.0.1.RELEASE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:21:33 GMT 2024