Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Build Error: Cannot find the class file for org.eclipse.swt
Build Error: Cannot find the class file for org.eclipse.swt [message #754979] Sun, 06 November 2011 10:28 Go to next message
Benjamin Klatt is currently offline Benjamin KlattFriend
Hi all,

I am trying to automate a build for a set of eclipse plugins. I managed to get the target platform definition and the import working.

setpref 'org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.targetOS=win32'
setpref 'org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.targetWS=win32'
setpref 'org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.targetArch=x86_64'
setpref org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.targetPlatformPath='/D:/temp/jenkins/Target Eclipse/'
import '${WORKSPACE}/org.somox.extractor.buckminster/somox.cquery'
build

However, the build failes because of errors in resolving any classes of org.eclipse.swt.

Error: file D:\temp\jenkins\SoMoX Extractor\org.somox.extractor.extractor.java.jdt: The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Button. Fix the build path then try building this project

I verified that they are present in the target platform installation. Also trying to build the plugins inside the eclipse IDE using this installation as target platform works fine.

While the rest of the libraries / plugins used from the target platform compile without any problems I assumed that this problem is caused by the OS specific nature of swt. But I do not know how to teach the build to resolve this.

Does anyone faced the same problem?

Thanks
Benjamin
Re: Build Error: Cannot find the class file for org.eclipse.swt [message #755362 is a reply to message #754979] Tue, 08 November 2011 09:33 Go to previous message
Benjamin Klatt is currently offline Benjamin KlattFriend
Solved.

The problem resulted from a wrong JDK used by the buckminster job. While the target platform and the buckminster job are configured for 64bit, the jdk used was a 32bit installation. I didn't notice that because I have 32 and 64 bit installations of the same jdk version on the system.

Cheers
Benjamin
Previous Topic:git.auto.fetch buggy?
Next Topic:Components in Target Platform have no artifacts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:31:37 GMT 2024