Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Plug-In not taking affect in Eclipse
Plug-In not taking affect in Eclipse [message #754543] Thu, 03 November 2011 07:50 Go to next message
Dev_Sharma987 is currently offline Dev_Sharma987Friend

I have created a plugin project in eclipse to create a new category and view. I run the MANIFEST.MF file as an eclipse application which opens a new eclipse window and I can see my plugin take affect. However, I want the plugin to be part of my standard eclipse installation.

For this I have exported the project to a jar, put the jar in the plugins folder and restarted eclipse. But I cannot see the changes take affect. I have also tried running eclipse from the command prompt with -clean option to force eclipse to search for new plugins. I have also tried putting the jar file in the dropins folder and restarting but nothing is working.

Any idea on what I might be missing ? I know the other option is to create feature but I wanted to understand what is wrong or missing in my approach.

Regards, Dev
Re: Plug-In not taking affect in Eclipse [message #754544 is a reply to message #754543] Thu, 03 November 2011 07:57 Go to previous message
Animesh Kumar is currently offline Animesh KumarFriend
Hi,
Maybe Eclipse is unable to register or load your jar directly from the plugins folder. It may be because you might not have included the plugin dependencies inside your jar.
Regards,
Animesh

Regards,
Animesh

[Updated on: Thu, 03 November 2011 08:04]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Basic XML editor w/o installing WTP?
Next Topic:PAR project runtime and deploy error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:16:00 GMT 2024