Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Buckminster build does not provide sufficient information to identify missing dependencies
Buckminster build does not provide sufficient information to identify missing dependencies [message #754429] Wed, 02 November 2011 14:12 Go to next message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
I'm performing a create#product action (headless buckminster, but it's the same in the IDE), and it's failing with:

ERROR: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: /scratch/jenkins_workspace/GDA_trunk.beamline_i24/bm_workspace/features/uk.ac.gda.client.mx.site/build/product.ant:31: Java returned: 13
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: /scratch/jenkins_workspace/GDA_trunk.beamline_i24/bm_workspace/features/uk.ac.gda.client.mx.site/build/product.ant:31: Java returned: 13

There is no further information as to what the problem is, even with log level DEBUG.

If the run a PDE build instead, I get this error:
generateScript:
[eclipse.buildScript] Some inter-plug-in dependencies have not been satisfied.
[eclipse.buildScript] Bundle uk.ac.gda.px:
[eclipse.buildScript] Missing required plug-in uk.ac.gda.swingclient_1.0.0.
[eclipse.buildScript] Bundle uk.ac.gda.devices.irelec:
[eclipse.buildScript] Missing required plug-in uk.ac.gda.px_1.0.0.
[eclipse.buildScript] Bundle uk.ac.gda.client.mx:
[eclipse.buildScript] Missing required plug-in uk.ac.gda.px_1.0.0.
[eclipse.buildScript] Missing required plug-in uk.ac.gda.devices.irelec_1.0.0.
[eclipse.buildScript] Missing required plug-in uk.ac.gda.swingclient_1.0.0.

That tells me my problem (my product feature is missing a plugin that another plugin requires). Note that this is not a materialization problem (everything I need is in the workspace), the problem is that the product feature defintion is in error.

So, when I use Buckminster build, how do I get the equivalent diagnostic information that PDE build provides? Java returned: 13 doesn't tell me enough.

Thanks
Matthew

Re: Buckminster build does not provide sufficient information to identify missing dependencies [message #754465 is a reply to message #754429] Wed, 02 November 2011 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
Further investigation shows that there is some of the diagnostic information I need in ~/.eclipse/626335158/configuration/1320234741097.log, which is not an obvious place to look, but anyhow ...

Normally I guess that log would be in the directory containing my Buckminster install. However, that directory is network shared, read-only, so that multiple users can use it simultaneously. Hence the log redirects to ~/.eclipse instead, as described in the Eclipse documentation on multi-user installs.

Matthew
Re: Buckminster build does not provide sufficient information to identify missing dependencies [message #754522 is a reply to message #754465] Wed, 02 November 2011 22:01 Go to previous message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Output that ends up in that log is normally related to a misconfiguration. Output from the build should go to the
console and to the ${workspace_root}/.metadata/.log

Missing required plug-ins should be detected (and printed) by the PDE compiler in the build step. Not sure why that gets
cloaked in your case. Perhaps it's due to something in your ant script?

- thomas

On 2011-11-02 16:52, Matthew Webber wrote:
> Further investigation shows that there is some of the diagnostic information I need in
> ~/.eclipse/626335158/configuration/1320234741097.log, which is not an obvious place to look, but anyhow ...
>
> Normally I guess that log would be in the directory containing my Buckminster install. However, that directory is
> network shared, read-only, so that multiple users can use it simultaneously. Hence the log redirects to ~/.eclipse
> instead, as described in the Eclipse documentation on multi-user installs.
>
> Matthew
>
Previous Topic:Tip: blog post - migrating build to git
Next Topic:Debugging headless Buckminster?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:27:23 GMT 2024