Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Given a Bundle, how can I find what extensions it provides?
Given a Bundle, how can I find what extensions it provides? [message #754330] Wed, 02 November 2011 08:16 Go to next message
Alexey Romanov is currently offline Alexey RomanovFriend
I can install plug-ins at the run time:
Bundle bundle = getBundleContext().installBundle(location);
bundle.start();

This gives me a Bundle object.

Now, how can I find what extensions are defined in its plugin.xml? IExtensionRegistry doesn't seem to have any useful methods for this.
Re: Given a Bundle, how can I find what extensions it provides? [message #754423 is a reply to message #754330] Wed, 02 November 2011 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

I asked around and you can ask for all extensions for an extension point and filter for the one contributor (I think I saw you post that on stackoverflow.com).

The other option is to ask for all extensions from a contributor and filter that:

IContributor ic = new IContributor() {
  public String getName() {
    return "com.example.plugin";
  }
};
IExtension[] extensions = extensionRegistry.getExtensions(ic);

Then pick out extensions for the extension point in question.

If you are in a dynamic scenario where bundles are being installed, you can always use the IRegistryEventListener. It would be fired with all of the IExtensions that were just added.

Later,
PW

Re: Given a Bundle, how can I find what extensions it provides? [message #754433 is a reply to message #754423] Wed, 02 November 2011 14:15 Go to previous message
Alexey Romanov is currently offline Alexey RomanovFriend
Quote:
The other option is to ask for all extensions from a contributor and filter that

Oh, so the contributors are just checked by name and not by identity? Thanks!
Quote:

If you are in a dynamic scenario where bundles are being installed, you can always use the IRegistryEventListener. It would be fired with all of the IExtensions that were just added.

Yes, I've considered doing that, but thought that since Eclipse keeps this information anyway (to remove extensions on bundle uninstallation) I should check if it's accessible more easily.
Previous Topic:Java7 and Deploying
Next Topic:swing2swt library
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:42:27 GMT 2024