Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Eclipse RAP Multi session (How RAP handles the sessions?)
Eclipse RAP Multi session [message #754110] Mon, 31 October 2011 20:03 Go to next message
Jazzy  is currently offline Jazzy Friend
Hi,

I am new to RAP/Web development and have questions regarding the multi users concept in the Eclipse RAP platform.

I am using the eclipse RAP platform (Helios) to develop a web application that serves several users.

Basically, my ApplicationWorkbenchAdvisor class returns a perspective that creates a login view for the user. When the user logs in i create some other views, an editor and several other java objects SPECIFIC TO THIS USER ...

Is this the right thing to do?
Are all my created objects safe for a multi-user applcation?
Does the RAP manage the multi sessions context of the application or do i have to do it?

Thank you
Re: Eclipse RAP Multi session [message #754153 is a reply to message #754110] Tue, 01 November 2011 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tiburon T is currently offline Tiburon TFriend
Hi Jazzy,

I am pretty new to RAP too, but got this hint for you: make sure you use the RAP Singleton pattern from the FAQ, which can be found here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/RAP/FAQ#What_is_a_Session_Singleton_and_how_can_I_implement_one.3F

Also keep in mind, that all methods and variables marked as static are shared among all sessions. You dont want to store e.g. user preferences in a static variable in a regular singleton or just a static variable.

Btw for my first multi user test I usually access my application with two different web browsers (i.e Mozilla & Internet Explorer). This way you can use your application with two different sessions / users.

Greetings Tibu
Re: Eclipse RAP Multi session [message #754154 is a reply to message #754110] Tue, 01 November 2011 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tiburon T is currently offline Tiburon TFriend
Hi Jazzy,

I am pretty new to RAP too, but got this hint for you: make sure you use the RAP Singleton pattern from the FAQ, which can be found here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/RAP/FAQ#What_is_a_Session_Singleton_and_how_can_I_implement_one.3F

Also keep in mind, that all methods and variables marked as static are shared among all sessions. You dont want to store e.g. user preferences in a static variable in a regular singleton or just a static variable.

Btw for my first multi user test I usually access my application with two different web browsers (i.e Mozilla & Internet Explorer). This way you can use your application with two different sessions / users.

Greetings Tibu
Re: Eclipse RAP Multi session [message #754239 is a reply to message #754154] Tue, 01 November 2011 15:17 Go to previous message
Thanks Tiburon!

Re: Eclipse RAP Multi session [message #754240 is a reply to message #754153] Tue, 01 November 2011 15:17 Go to previous message
Thanks Tiburon!
Previous Topic:Disable UI / Show progress on Download
Next Topic:Is it possible to run "rapdemo" inside a local instance of Eclipse?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:13:55 GMT 2024