Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Disable UI / Show progress on Download
Disable UI / Show progress on Download [message #753997] Mon, 31 October 2011 11:27
Tiburon T is currently offline Tiburon TFriend
Hello!

I am developing a little Client-Server application using RAP. In one of my widgets i provide a download for a dynamically generated file. The time needed for generating the file depends on some user input ( think of it as a customizable sql query.. ).

Now my download and the generation works fine. But when the user clicks the download link, the application does not show any indicator that its waiting for a background job or at least block the ui so that the user can't press the download link again :roll:. I tried to put my browser widget on a stacklayout to exchange my browser with some loading indicator when the downloadhandler is called, but this does not work, because the gui is not updated early enough.

Any hint on how i could disable my gui, or better yet show a loading indicator instead of my download dialog would be highly appreciated.

Greetings
Tibu
Previous Topic:Disable UI / Show progress on Download
Next Topic:Eclipse RAP Multi session
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:15:43 GMT 2024