Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Debug Problem With CDT(Could Not Debug C projects using CDT)
Debug Problem With CDT [message #753981] Mon, 31 October 2011 10:43 Go to next message
Arun  is currently offline Arun Friend
Hello Folks,
I need some help for debugging C projects in eclipse.
I use Eclipse for developing and debugging PerlScripts (using EPIC) and i'm totally new to Eclipse-CDT. I've referred the Helios documentation for help.
When i try to run a C project using Eclipse(cdt added) it works fine.
But If i try giving a debug after inserting some breakpoints,It doesn't give any response except the message "Launching Task.exe:(86%).. on the status bar(with infinitely running ProgressBar)". Give me some ideas pls.

Some more Environment information :
OS - WinXP
Eclipse_Version - Helios
Compiler - GCC(MingW)

Thanks in advance.
Re: Debug Problem With CDT [message #754025 is a reply to message #753981] Mon, 31 October 2011 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
If you program is running, you can't give any commands or even set breakpoints with Helios.
I recommend using the most recent version of Eclipse (Indigo), which allows you to set breakpoints even when your program is running.

Marc
Re: Debug Problem With CDT [message #754157 is a reply to message #754025] Tue, 01 November 2011 05:18 Go to previous message
Arun  is currently offline Arun Friend
Hello Marc,
Its Actually a different Problem.

What i was about to convey is "I can run the Program" but "I cannot Debug it". It seems something is infinitely running.Even after 2 hours of clicking on debug icon the status bar is showing the same message( "Launching task.txe(86%)........" ).Nothing else is happening.
Previous Topic:boost compiling problem
Next Topic:undefined reference by boost thread in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:29:02 GMT 2024