Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Potential Locking Issue on Project Import
Potential Locking Issue on Project Import [message #753890] Sun, 30 October 2011 07:58 Go to next message
Marcel Bruch is currently offline Marcel BruchFriend

Hi,

I just created a fresh workspace and imported all Eclipse projects from a git repository. During the import, Eclipse got stuck. I could terminate the import by pressing the cancel button on the import wizard page. On my second try (and deleting the already existing project from workspace), the import successfully completed. To me it looks like that there was a locking issue w/ the workspace. But that's just a wild guess Smile

I'm unfortunately not able to reproduce this one - but maybe you guys know where to look for this issue. The stacktrace EGit wrote into the log file after interruption, looks as follows:

java.lang.InterruptedException
at org.eclipse.egit.ui.internal.clone.ProjectUtils.createProjects(ProjectUtils.java:86)
at org.eclipse.egit.ui.internal.clone.GitImportWizard.importProjects(GitImportWizard.java:160)
at org.eclipse.egit.ui.internal.clone.GitImportWizard.access$0(GitImportWizard.java:142)
at org.eclipse.egit.ui.internal.clone.GitImportWizard$1.run(GitImportWizard.java:83)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

Let me know if this should be filed and tracked in Bugzilla.

Thanks,
Marcel
Re: Potential Locking Issue on Project Import [message #753914 is a reply to message #753890] Sun, 30 October 2011 14:53 Go to previous message
Robin Rosenberg is currently offline Robin RosenbergFriend
Marcel Bruch skrev 2011-10-30 08.5820:
> Hi,
>
> I just created a fresh workspace and imported all Eclipse projects from a git repository. During the import, Eclipse got stuck. I could terminate the import by pressing the
> cancel button on the import wizard page. On my second try (and deleting the already existing project from workspace), the import successfully completed. To me it looks like
> that there was a locking issue w/ the workspace. But that's just a wild guess :)
>
> I'm unfortunately not able to reproduce this one - but maybe you guys know where to look for this issue. The stacktrace EGit wrote into the log file after interruption,
> looks as follows:
>
> java.lang.InterruptedException
> at org.eclipse.egit.ui.internal.clone.ProjectUtils.createProjects(ProjectUtils.java:86)
> at org.eclipse.egit.ui.internal.clone.GitImportWizard.importProjects(GitImportWizard.java:160)
> at org.eclipse.egit.ui.internal.clone.GitImportWizard.access$0(GitImportWizard.java:142)
> at org.eclipse.egit.ui.internal.clone.GitImportWizard$1.run(GitImportWizard.java:83)
> at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
>
>
> Let me know if this should be filed and tracked in Bugzilla.
>
> Thanks, Marcel

If you believe this is a bug, please report it. Any reasonable event, i.e. something the user
does using Eclipse only should be possible to resolve. Even rare events, that are hard to
reproduce are bugs. Hard-to-reproduce bugs may not be fixed.

You can get a stack trace before you abort using jvisualvm or jstack. Add it to the bug report.

-- robin
Previous Topic:How to change the location of the system configuration file?
Next Topic:rebase fails
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:16:10 GMT 2024