Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » How to Make a C++ Project with Existing Source over NFS mounted source-files
How to Make a C++ Project with Existing Source over NFS mounted source-files [message #753506] Thu, 27 October 2011 14:09 Go to next message
Jusctsch  is currently offline Jusctsch Friend
One of my required steps for GUI debugging via Eclipse is building a project as "makefile with existing source" in which I can specify the source directory outright.
I need to go to a 'mapped drive' to get my sources in the following situation, this drive is a FreeBSD build server mapped via Windows 7 Ultimate's 'NFS':

Drive X: (the build server) is mapped as a remote drive NFS-like in Windows 7 Ultimate
After hitting 'finish' when I am setting up the project I go back to the main GUI and a silent failure is observed. There is no such clue as to why I am failing this.

There must be a project created with source in this instance. The source can not be included in any other way prior to connecting, or else the source-path will be sent down to the controller in Standard debugging.

Re: How to Make a C++ Project with Existing Source over NFS mounted source-files [message #754024 is a reply to message #753506] Mon, 31 October 2011 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keep in mind that the issue here is that no project is created.

Eclipse doesn't try creating any files in the location with the source, correct? (Which could possibly run into some permissions errors) Does all of the Eclipse-created-files belong in the workspace?

[Updated on: Mon, 31 October 2011 19:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to Make a C++ Project with Existing Source over NFS mounted source-files [message #755881 is a reply to message #753506] Thu, 10 November 2011 00:13 Go to previous message
I have encountered this issue in both Ubuntu and FreeBSD NFS mounted directories.
I have verified, and I can create directories and files in these locations (as a User, not as creating projects in Eclipse).

[Updated on: Thu, 10 November 2011 00:14]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Getting standard error into Eclipse console?
Next Topic:how to change CDT menu language
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:51:55 GMT 2024