Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Reusing the gdb MI Integration of CDT
Reusing the gdb MI Integration of CDT [message #753444] Thu, 27 October 2011 09:38 Go to next message
Domenik P. is currently offline Domenik P.Friend
Hello,

I'm currently developing a java-based gdb frontend, which is not eclipse-based.

Is there any way to reuse the gdb mi implementation of eclipse cdt to communicate between a java-based frontend and gdb? If not, is there probably another library with could be used instead?

Thanks
Domenik
Re: Reusing the gdb MI Integration of CDT [message #753515 is a reply to message #753444] Thu, 27 October 2011 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
CDT is written in Java so you should be able to re-use it directly.

Marc
Re: Reusing the gdb MI Integration of CDT [message #753567 is a reply to message #753515] Thu, 27 October 2011 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bernd Kolb is currently offline Bernd KolbFriend
Well, obviously. But the problem seems to be that many dependencies to Eclipse are hard-coded. We have a tried to work-around it but we haven't found a way. One example is the MiPlugin where most of the stuff could be used but the current implementation only works if it is running in Eclipse / on OSGi because of some e.g. some logging code or some preferences

Bernd
Re: Reusing the gdb MI Integration of CDT [message #753569 is a reply to message #753567] Thu, 27 October 2011 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
I guess you'd have to somehow stub things so that you fulfill the dependencies...
Eclipse can run without the UI, so that may be a way to go, although you may not like the idea of having to run Eclipse along with your frontend.

I don't any more ideas, sorry.

Marc
Re: Reusing the gdb MI Integration of CDT [message #753571 is a reply to message #753569] Thu, 27 October 2011 19:15 Go to previous message
Domenik P. is currently offline Domenik P.Friend
Ok, putting a web interface on top of the mi implementation and running the code in a headless Eclipse environment might be the quickest solution. : )

I'm wondering about the performance ...

Domenik
Previous Topic:Always the error Program "make" is not found in PATH
Next Topic:Problem with project's includes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:08:30 GMT 2024