Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Re: how to deploy an Equinox app?
Re: how to deploy an Equinox app? [message #84533] Wed, 21 March 2007 09:22 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: phperret.work2gather.com

David,

To deploy your bundle you need an OSGi container. There is one in Eclipse, name is Equinox. So you can launch equinox with as a simple command as 'java -jar equinox.jar -console' and then 'start n' where n is the number of your bundle.

There is also a servlet wrapper, bridgelet.war, that allows to do 'warm' deploy of your OSGi service previously developped.
Re: how to deploy an Equinox app? [message #84547 is a reply to message #84533] Wed, 21 March 2007 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Donohue is currently offline David DonohueFriend
Thanks, Pierre-Henry, for your reply! Is there a way to deploy my Equinox project so I can seamlessly start it up, without needing the OSGI console?

Do you know of any documentation on this topic?
Everything I find online describes how to launch my bundle app within Eclipse. Searching Google, I cannot find anything on servletbridge.war

Many thanks,
David
Re: how to deploy an Equinox app? [message #84637 is a reply to message #84547] Wed, 21 March 2007 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: alex_blewitt.yahoo.com

You don't need the equinox console if you don't want it -- just don't specify -console on the command line.

If you want to bring a bundle up, then use the osgi.bundles property or the osgi.bundles line in the config.ini -- that's a list of which bundles are to be started when the OSGi environment comes up, and includes the levels therein.

As for packaging the bundles, you'll need to ensure they live in a plugins\ directory, since that's how Equinox looks by default. You can change it to use full file references in the ogsi.bundles if you want to install it to a different place, or write your own OSGi startup code that will look elsewhere for installing/starting bundles.

Alex.
Re: how to deploy an Equinox app? [message #84646 is a reply to message #84637] Wed, 21 March 2007 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Donohue is currently offline David DonohueFriend
Aha! Your explanations lead me to rediscover this document, which lays out how to package and configure a stand-alone Equinox OSGi application
http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/documents/quickstart.php

Many thanks to you both!
David
Re: how to deploy an Equinox app? [message #84666 is a reply to message #84646] Wed, 21 March 2007 12:11 Go to previous message
Pierre-Henry Perret is currently offline Pierre-Henry PerretFriend
David,

To deploy in a servlet container, there is also a useful link: http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/server/http_in_container.php

Pierre-Henry
Previous Topic:difference between DefaultClassLoader and ContextFinder
Next Topic:Issues deploying using the Servletbridge
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:48:18 GMT 2024