Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Sipphire and eclipse Forms API
Sipphire and eclipse Forms API [message #747021] Sun, 23 October 2011 21:47 Go to next message
St Clair Clarke is currently offline St Clair ClarkeFriend
Hello,
In the Sapphire Samples (0.3.2), the File Bug Report (View) appears to be using eclipse forms as opposed to the File Bug Report (Wizard) that uses SWT, although I cannot see this in the source.

Does Sapphire supports Eclipse forms? Please point me to example if it exists.

I use Forms for all my programming at present.

Thanks
Re: Sipphire and eclipse Forms API [message #747241 is a reply to message #747021] Mon, 24 October 2011 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
Sapphire uses presentation that is most appropriate for the context. In dialogs, this means standard OS look-n-feel. In views and editors, the "forms" look-n-feel. When writing UI using Sapphire you don't control this aspect directly. The framework decides on the best presentation for you.

See various editors in the samples plugin for examples of Forms UI with Sapphire.

- Konstantin
Re: Sipphire and eclipse Forms API [message #747257 is a reply to message #747241] Mon, 24 October 2011 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great Konstantin! Thanks
Re: Sipphire and eclipse Forms API [message #747264 is a reply to message #747241] Mon, 24 October 2011 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Konstantin,

Thanks for explaining the concept of Sapphire.

Sometimes it is hard to let go of one's control. I was wondering if there would ever be any such option for the developer.

From what you said, every Sapphire application would look remarkable similar. Maybe there is someway of implementing ones own idea to Sapphire final look-n-feel. Any such mechanism exist. eg using CSS etc.

Thanks
Re: Sipphire and eclipse Forms API [message #748175 is a reply to message #747264] Mon, 24 October 2011 14:37 Go to previous message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
I am not an expert on e4, but you may be able to style Eclipse 4.2 based application and then have Sapphire render UI into that environment. The result should be consistent with your application style at that point.

- Konstantin
Previous Topic:Usage of *.sdef sources
Next Topic:Validation decorators in Sapphire
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 00:04:09 GMT 2024