Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » CDT cannot resolve functions from std::chrono?
CDT cannot resolve functions from std::chrono? [message #743549] Fri, 21 October 2011 15:14
Edward  is currently offline Edward Friend
I am pretty new to recent releases of Eclipse (used mostly VS in the past few years) and am running into some misbehaviours(?). I am trying to use std::chrono in Eclipse Indigo SR1 (downloaded from eclipse.org) running on Ubuntu 11.04 (gcc 4.5.2). I am able to compile and run (with -std=c++0x) but Eclipse gives an error (cannot resolve function) with all std::chrono related functions I am using (like system_clock). If I replace it with the boost versions, I do not have such problems.

Any insight to why this might be happening and any suggested workarounds. I have only tried one which is to add the preprocessor symbol "__GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX0X__" (this symbol is activated by the switch -std=c++0x) hoping that Eclipse will parse <chrono> correctly, but I am having no luck there.

Thanks.

*edit*

It looks it doesn't work for std::array either. Perhaps all c++0x libraries?

*edit2*

Sigh, it is now working for std::array. Note that I have been coding, not trying to fix the problem.

*edit3*

Everything is fine now, I did switch on parsing for unused header files, so maybe that did the trick.

[Updated on: Mon, 31 October 2011 16:12]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Problem with code style/indentation
Next Topic:Debugger ignoring expansion of variables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:43:41 GMT 2024