Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Problem with project's includes(problem)
icon9.gif  Problem with project's includes [message #743340] Fri, 21 October 2011 11:15 Go to next message
Jeff  is currently offline Jeff Friend
I just updated my Ubuntu to the latest 11.10 yesterday.
But after updating, there is a problem with Eclipse.
Before updating, when I create a new C/C++ project, Eclipse will auto create a includes folder in the new project.
After updating the system, I found there is nothing when creating new projects.
Is there anybody who knows how to solve this problem? Embarrassed
Thanks a lot!

Jeff
Re: Problem with project's includes [message #753541 is a reply to message #743340] Thu, 27 October 2011 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Ubben is currently offline Jan UbbenFriend
Hi Jeff,

I stumbled upon the same problem. Luckily I had another still working machine, so I could compare the output of the command Eclipse runs to autodetect the include folders:
g++ -E -P -v -dD specs.cpp

with specs.cpp being an empty source file. (That command is configured per Project at "C/C++ Build -> Discovery Options".)

The relevant difference I noticed was german output with Ubuntu 11.10, english output on the other machine. I suppose GCC is localized in the new Ubuntu release.

Setting the environment to english solved the problem for me.

As a quick hint execute:
LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8 LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8 LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 LANGUAGE=en eclipse

I did not further research if all these variables are nescessary.

Greetings Jan
Re: Problem with project's includes [message #753605 is a reply to message #753541] Fri, 28 October 2011 02:08 Go to previous message
Waldemar  is currently offline Waldemar Friend
Hi,

I also had that problem. What I did to solve it was unmark the box "Enable generate scanner info command" in the "C/C++ Build -> Discovery Options" dialog.
The include folder was not created nor were the include files shown, but i could compile my source.

Hope this can help you,

Waldemar
Previous Topic:Reusing the gdb MI Integration of CDT
Next Topic:code review about IASTPreprocessorStatement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:27:49 GMT 2024