Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Eclipse Workspace Tiling Difficulties(Tiling docking more difficult)
Eclipse Workspace Tiling Difficulties [message #742651] Thu, 20 October 2011 17:43
szetheli+eclipse is currently offline szetheli+eclipseFriend
I've transitioned to a new machine and took the opportunity to upgrade eclipse versions from 3.5 to 3.7. In the process, I've found the drag and drop action to tile the editor windows seems to have gotten more finicky.

For example, I have two files open in tabbed view. I click on one of the tabs and drag it to the right until it shows the docking split for having it tile as two vertical editor frames. When I release the mouse, half the time it sits for a second thinking, then goes back to a single editor frame.

I seem to have slightly better success with .java files then others. At first I wasn't able to even get it to tile for .xml, .class, etc. It seems to affect the editor tiles more then the other views like package explorer. I first noticed this when I had a bunch of extra plugins installed, but I've been able to repro it on a completely fresh eclipse install. No errors in the error log with relevant timestamps.

Env: windows 7 x64, eclipse from eclipse-SDK-3.7-win32-x86_64.zip
Previous Topic:How to know a class is a UI class in eclipse plugin code
Next Topic:Connecting to Sql
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:04:26 GMT 2024