Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Zend Studio 6.1 using Ganymede, yet no sign of PDT for it
Zend Studio 6.1 using Ganymede, yet no sign of PDT for it [message #81120] Fri, 03 October 2008 11:27 Go to next message
Andrew Thompson is currently offline Andrew ThompsonFriend
Messages: 10
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi,

I noticed that the new realease of Zend Studio is now using Eclipse 3.4,
but it's core component (PDT) still doesn't support Eclipse 3.4 in release
status.

Is Zend Studio using nightly/integration builds for its release?

Or is Zend holding back PDT for normal Eclipse users?


Regards

Andy
Re: Zend Studio 6.1 using Ganymede, yet no sign of PDT for it [message #81195 is a reply to message #81120] Mon, 06 October 2008 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ingo Renner is currently offline Ingo RennerFriend
Messages: 40
Registered: July 2009
Member
Andrew Thompson wrote:

> Is Zend Studio using nightly/integration builds for its release?
>
> Or is Zend holding back PDT for normal Eclipse users?

one of these as it seems. Studio 6.1 includes pdt 1.0.5, the most recent
one found on eclipse.org is 1.0.3

It also works if you just copy 1.0.5 over to your own 3.4 installation...

Any comment from Zend?


Ingo
Re: Zend Studio 6.1 using Ganymede, yet no sign of PDT for it [message #81210 is a reply to message #81195] Mon, 06 October 2008 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hertzel Armengol is currently offline Hertzel ArmengolFriend
Messages: 19
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Ingo Renner wrote:
> Andrew Thompson wrote:
>
>> Is Zend Studio using nightly/integration builds for its release?
>>
>> Or is Zend holding back PDT for normal Eclipse users?
>
> one of these as it seems. Studio 6.1 includes pdt 1.0.5, the most recent
> one found on eclipse.org is 1.0.3
>
> It also works if you just copy 1.0.5 over to your own 3.4 installation...
>
> Any comment from Zend?
>
>
> Ingo
Really interesting... I'm also curious array key auto completion is
exclusive from Zend or is also available on PDT?
Re: Zend Studio 6.1 using Ganymede, yet no sign of PDT for it [message #81225 is a reply to message #81210] Mon, 06 October 2008 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ingo Renner is currently offline Ingo RennerFriend
Messages: 40
Registered: July 2009
Member
hertzel wrote:

> Really interesting... I'm also curious array key auto completion is
> exclusive from Zend or is also available on PDT?

interesting, that works in pdt 1.0.5!

Ingo
Re: Zend Studio 6.1 using Ganymede, yet no sign of PDT for it [message #81273 is a reply to message #81195] Mon, 06 October 2008 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: at465.msn.com

Ingo Renner wrote:
> Andrew Thompson wrote:
>
>> Is Zend Studio using nightly/integration builds for its release?
>>
>> Or is Zend holding back PDT for normal Eclipse users?
>
> one of these as it seems. Studio 6.1 includes pdt 1.0.5, the most recent
> one found on eclipse.org is 1.0.3
>
> It also works if you just copy 1.0.5 over to your own 3.4 installation...
>
> Any comment from Zend?
>
>
> Ingo

I don't expect that the Zend Studio version of PDT would be identical to
the Eclipse version (it'll have features removed, such as the profiler :( ),

but I'm not sure how they have gotten a stable bug tested Zend Studio
release that is compatible with Ganymede without having gotten to a
stage where the open-source PDT 1.1 (which was cancelled and features
moved to PDT 2.0) could have been released, or a intermediary version.

All things said, I'm green with envy about Zend Studio 6.1. I wish I
could justify getting my bosses to buy it, although I can get a lot of
its features via open-source alternatives (e.g. Eclipse RSE, Subversive,
xdebug, WinCachegrind)


Andy
Re: Zend Studio 6.1 using Ganymede, yet no sign of PDT for it [message #81285 is a reply to message #81273] Mon, 06 October 2008 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ingo Renner is currently offline Ingo RennerFriend
Messages: 40
Registered: July 2009
Member
Andrew Thompson wrote:

> I don't expect that the Zend Studio version of PDT would be identical to
> the Eclipse version (it'll have features removed, such as the profiler :( ),

the profile of ZS is not in pdt, it's an additional plugin/feature from Zend


Ingo
Re: Zend Studio 6.1 using Ganymede, yet no sign of PDT for it [message #81375 is a reply to message #81273] Wed, 08 October 2008 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: pobox.verysmall.org

Andrew Thompson schrieb:
> but I'm not sure how they have gotten a stable bug tested Zend Studio
> release that is compatible with Ganymede without having gotten to a
> stage where the open-source PDT 1.1 (which was cancelled and features
> moved to PDT 2.0) could have been released, or a intermediary version.

My personal feeling with Zend is that they never really managed to get a
clean business model with php. They manage it close enough to prevent
the projects they are involved in from being successfully forked, but
not enought for a "Wow!".
Re: Zend Studio 6.1 using Ganymede, yet no sign of PDT for it [message #81414 is a reply to message #81225] Thu, 09 October 2008 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: spam.networks.fi

Ingo Renner wrote:
> hertzel wrote:
>
>> Really interesting... I'm also curious array key auto completion is
>> exclusive from Zend or is also available on PDT?
>
> interesting, that works in pdt 1.0.5!
>
> Ingo

Any legal way to get pdt 1.0.5 ?
Re: Zend Studio 6.1 using Ganymede, yet no sign of PDT for it [message #81547 is a reply to message #81195] Thu, 09 October 2008 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Thompson is currently offline Andrew ThompsonFriend
Messages: 10
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Interestingly enough, there is a branch in the CVS repository called
R1_0_5_20080723.

Is this any more stable than using a v2.0 integration build though?

Ingo Renner wrote:
> one of these as it seems. Studio 6.1 includes pdt 1.0.5, the most recent
> one found on eclipse.org is 1.0.3
Re: Zend Studio 6.1 using Ganymede, yet no sign of PDT for it [message #81675 is a reply to message #81547] Fri, 10 October 2008 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Thompson is currently offline Andrew ThompsonFriend
Messages: 10
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I managed to download and compile this.

At first glance, it seems to be ok, no colour syntax issues I had trying
1.0.3 on Ganymede, and it managed to compile/validate a PHP project of
mine. It doesn't appear to need the DLTK plugin which v2.0 needs.

If this is a good enough revision for Zend Studio, then it should be
good enough for Eclipse, please can it be put on PDT's download page?

December 29th is still a long time away, and the Eclipse website doesn't
even have links to the Europa download page any more, although it still
exists.


Andrew Thompson wrote:
> Interestingly enough, there is a branch in the CVS repository called
> R1_0_5_20080723.
>
> Is this any more stable than using a v2.0 integration build though?
>
> Ingo Renner wrote:
>> one of these as it seems. Studio 6.1 includes pdt 1.0.5, the most recent
>> one found on eclipse.org is 1.0.3
Re: Zend Studio 6.1 using Ganymede, yet no sign of PDT for it [message #81810 is a reply to message #81414] Mon, 13 October 2008 11:25 Go to previous message
Ingo Renner is currently offline Ingo RennerFriend
Messages: 40
Registered: July 2009
Member
Jasmo Hiltula wrote:
> Ingo Renner wrote:
>> hertzel wrote:
>>
>>> Really interesting... I'm also curious array key auto completion is
>>> exclusive from Zend or is also available on PDT?
>> interesting, that works in pdt 1.0.5!
>>
>> Ingo
>
> Any legal way to get pdt 1.0.5 ?

what's illegal about downloading a freely availble demo package?


Ingo
Previous Topic:Re: [pdt-dev] Correct mailing list?
Next Topic:Package for linux PDT
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Jan 30 02:57:11 GMT 2023

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.09227 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top