Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Problem with Ant Builder execution directory.(Ant Builder executes script from a directory different from my workspace directory I have defined.)
Problem with Ant Builder execution directory. [message #739852] Mon, 17 October 2011 23:23
Ryan Keller is currently offline Ryan KellerFriend
I am trying to create an Ant Builder in Eclipse (Indigo) that will allow the IDE to automatically control the build of my project as resources change during development. I have successfully created the builder (and turned off the regular Java builder) and it is trying to execute the build at the appropriate times, however, the ant build fails when doing so. I believe this is because my ant build script is dependent on being run from the project root directory and it looks like it is trying to run it from another directory (../eclipse/Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/). I have defined the 'Base Directory' on the 'Main' tab of the builder edit screen to point to the project root directory, but when I click on 'Clean' from the 'Project' menu, it tells me the script fails and prints out the command the ant build was trying to execute prepended with '<local_eclipse_installation_dir>/eclipse/Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/'.

In the Ant Builder I defined, I set the 'After a "Clean"' targets to be 'clean,deploy' from my build file. The script failure I get happens when the Ant Builder is trying to execute the 'clean' target. The funny thing is that if I open my build.xml file in the Ant view tab and execute the 'clean' target from there, it executes without any errors.

Is there anything else I need to do to set up my execution directory for the Ant Builder?
Previous Topic:New User Needs Help with Plug-Ins
Next Topic:Unable to find plug-in
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:41:53 GMT 2024