Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » All projects in workspace disappeared
All projects in workspace disappeared [message #735882] Thu, 13 October 2011 01:00 Go to next message
derefed is currently offline derefedFriend
I've been creating a bunch of different workspaces lately and switch between them often. For some reason, when I went back to my default workspace today, all of the projects are gone and no longer show up in the Package Explorer. For all the other workspaces, the projects still show up. I've checked the actual directory and all the projects are still there in the filesystem. I've tried refreshing and changing the working sets, yet nothing seems to work. What else could this issue be?

Thanks!
Re: All projects in workspace disappeared [message #735889 is a reply to message #735882] Thu, 13 October 2011 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh and here's my version info:

Version: Indigo Release
Build id: 20110615-0604

Running on Ubuntu 11.04.
Re: All projects in workspace disappeared [message #735910 is a reply to message #735889] Thu, 13 October 2011 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deepak Azad is currently offline Deepak AzadFriend
Did you accidentally deleted the projects but not from the file system?
You can try importing 'Existing projects into Workspace'. Uncheck 'Copy
projects into workspace' option in the wizard as the projects already
exist in the workspace directory.
Re: All projects in workspace disappeared [message #735911 is a reply to message #735910] Thu, 13 October 2011 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unless there's a way to delete all projects from a workspace with one action (click or key press), then I doubt that I did that. I can try importing them back, but before I do, I want to make sure there isn't something I'm missing. Is this a common occurrence? Could the workspace's data be corrupted or something? Again, I find it very odd that the projects don't show up when most of them actually exist in the workspace's directory on the filesystem...
Re: All projects in workspace disappeared [message #735912 is a reply to message #735911] Thu, 13 October 2011 04:54 Go to previous message
Deepak Azad is currently offline Deepak AzadFriend
On 10/13/2011 10:14 AM, derefed wrote:
> Unless there's a way to delete all projects from a workspace with one
> action (click or key press), then I doubt that I did that.
It can happen if your projects are selected in the Package Explorer and
you press Delete and Enter :)
Previous Topic:no console output anymore
Next Topic:Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:42:27 GMT 2024