Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Xtext 2: passing arguments to ANTLR(Is the antlrParam still available under Xtext 2?)
Xtext 2: passing arguments to ANTLR [message #735665] Wed, 12 October 2011 13:58 Go to next message
Olivier Parisy is currently offline Olivier ParisyFriend
Hi,

I would like to use the antlrParam flag in an MWE2 file to pass the "-Xconversiontimeout" parameter to ANTLR during compilation, as described here as an example: 20000frames.blogspot.com/2010/09/dealing-with-could-not-even-do-k1-for.html

I am currently using the org.eclipse.xtext.generator.parser.antlr.ex.rt.AntlrGeneratorFragment fragment, which does not accept this parameter.

Is this feature still available in Xtext2, perhaps using another fragment? I tried org.eclipse.xtext.generator.parser.antlr.XtextAntlrGeneratorFragment, which accepted
antlrParam = "-Xconversiontimeout" antlrParam = "30000" but did not seem to take it into account: "reason: timed out (>1000ms)"

On a related note: what is the difference between org.eclipse.xtext.generator.parser.antlr.ex.rt.AntlrGeneratorFragment and org.eclipse.xtext.generator.parser.antlr.XtextAntlrGeneratorFragment?

Regards.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 October 2011 16:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Xtext 2 : passing arguments to ANTLR [message #735757 is a reply to message #735665] Wed, 12 October 2011 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olivier Parisy is currently offline Olivier ParisyFriend
Actually, by using the proper syntax, org.eclipse.xtext.generator.parser.antlr.ex.rt.AntlrGeneratorFragment accepts the option:

fragment = org.eclipse.xtext.generator.parser.antlr.ex.rt.AntlrGeneratorFragment {
	antlrParam = "-Xconversiontimeout" antlrParam = "10000"
	options = {
		classSplitting=true

Sorry for the noise.

Still, my PS stands: what is the difference between org.eclipse.xtext.generator.parser.antlr.ex.rt.AntlrGeneratorFragment and org.eclipse.xtext.generator.parser.antlr.XtextAntlrGeneratorFragment?

Regards.
Re: Xtext 2 : passing arguments to ANTLR [message #735793 is a reply to message #735757] Wed, 12 October 2011 18:01 Go to previous message
Sylvain EVEILLARD is currently offline Sylvain EVEILLARDFriend
I think the ex.rt generator fragment is for ignoreCase grammars.
Previous Topic:[XPAND]Unresolved proxy XXXX Make sure the EPackage ..
Next Topic:Problem with initialization of preferences
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:34:50 GMT 2024