Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » no console output anymore
no console output anymore [message #735578] Wed, 12 October 2011 09:30 Go to next message
Chang  is currently offline Chang Friend
Hello

I have Mylyn 3.3 and a workspace with several java projects, including a servlet project with tomcat 6. Since yesterday I get no output console for my projects, a few minutes after starting eclipse. When i start eclipse it works fine, but just for 5 minutes approximately. Accordingly there is no output printed with System.out.println() visible anymore.

I tried to close and re-open the console and of course I tried to use the 'Display selected console' button in the lower right corner of eclipse, but i can't even close my programs with the eclipse IDE with the red button next to the 'Display selected console' button. When using this button there is just the maven, the firefox, the scripting and the cloud console visible, which are not needed. Today I created a new workspace and imported my needed projects, but the behaviour is just the same.

I hope someone has an idea what to do here, because with no console output it is extremely difficult for me to work.

Kind regards,
Chang
Re: no console output anymore [message #735628 is a reply to message #735578] Wed, 12 October 2011 12:30 Go to previous message
Chang  is currently offline Chang Friend
I installed a new eclipse and now it works again, but it's curious because the old eclipse worked for 18 month without any problems until yesterday.
Previous Topic:CheckStyle doesn't understand new line eventhough I set it to lf
Next Topic:All projects in workspace disappeared
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:03:23 GMT 2024