Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » transaction management(transaction management)
transaction management [message #735278] Tue, 11 October 2011 11:58 Go to next message
Bertin Kiekebosch is currently offline Bertin KiekeboschFriend
Hi,

i read a lot of docs i could find about scout and the most of these focus on the client. I still have a question about the server side.

How are transactions managed.

Is this done by a "scout" service or filter or do I have to use some other way. Is there a good example for example with hibernate or with JDBC.

Regards Bertin
Re: transaction management [message #735288 is a reply to message #735278] Tue, 11 October 2011 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Motsch is currently offline Ivan MotschFriend
Thanks for the question.
In short:
Every request to the server is one transaction.

Medium:
The servlet is the ServiceTunnelServlet at /process and the transaction is run under the user's (JAAS) Subject with a ITransaction in the thread context. ThreadContext.get(ITransaction) delivers the "current" transaction. The wrapper of the transaction is always a scout ServerJob. Every resource taking part in the transaction (similar to xa) can register a ITransactionMember to the transaction. Once the transaction is closed it is either committed (2-phase) or rolled back based on the property ITransaction.getFailures() that must be null for a commit.

Long:
Check out the sequence diagram at
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/243161/730684/#msg_730684
Re: transaction management [message #735790 is a reply to message #735288] Wed, 12 October 2011 17:40 Go to previous message
Claudio Guglielmo is currently offline Claudio GuglielmoFriend
Hi Ivan

I added your explanation with slightly modifications to the scout documentation: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/Documentation#Transaction_Handling

Regards
Claudio
Previous Topic:client notification
Next Topic:Cannot see outline and menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:05:52 GMT 2024