Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » How to add custom menu item to the windows popup menu in a Text?(alternative: replace the menu with my own, but how to gracefully delegate cut, copy, past etc. action to the platform?)
How to add custom menu item to the windows popup menu in a Text? [message #735212] Tue, 11 October 2011 09:00 Go to next message
Carusyte Missing name is currently offline Carusyte Missing nameFriend
I am trying to add a custom menu item to the windows popup menu which is shown when you right click on the Text widget, but it seems that I can't get the menu using getMenu() or even with MenuDetectListener, both of these approaches returns null.

I can perhaps use setMenu() and implement my own, but the platform dependent menu item would be all gone, and I have no idea if there's any graceful way to reuse them.

Thanks in advance!
Re: How to add custom menu item to the windows popup menu in a Text? [message #752400 is a reply to message #735212] Wed, 26 October 2011 11:31 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

As you've discovered, you can't. You only get the window menu when you don't set your own. Once you set your own menu, you are responsible for the entire menu.

PW

Previous Topic:Swing + RCP problem
Next Topic:One source two projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:34:35 GMT 2024