Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Uploading applets to the web with Dreamweaver(I'm having some errors, plus would like to know if a few of my ideas are possible to implement...)
Uploading applets to the web with Dreamweaver [message #734628] Sat, 08 October 2011 23:12 Go to next message
Paul  is currently offline Paul Friend
Hi...I'm new to the forum, so I'm hoping this is an appropriate place to post...I've been using Eclipse for about a little over a year now and make GUIs so that I can conduct psychology experiments.

I would like to post one of those GUIs online. I typically run them inside of a JFrame and export them as a runnable .jar file. These work fine on my computer and when I transport them to others, however, I would like to post these to the web so that they'll run within a browser so that I don't have to physically give the person their experiment.

The problem is, that when I copy the file from my desktop (I'm using a simple code to test this, no complicated file i/o etc.) into dreamweaver, and then use dreamweaver's insert-->media--->applet to place it on a webpage, that every time I try to run it I get the error: "Could not find the main class: C:\... Program will exit." I've also tried to do this without the JFrame, by just writing an applet and exporting it as a .jar (not a runnable .jar). However, I get the same error.

Secondly, after I get this to work, I'd like to know whether it's possible to collect and save data from the user somehow. Typically, I just write what I need to a .txt file, but since this is conducted over the internet I'm not sure how the best way I should go about collecting the data and saving it online for later retrieval. Of course, this is step two...but I'd like to know if it's theoretically possible before I spend a lot of time trying to figure it out.

So, maybe the problem here is more of a dreamweaver question, but I'd appreciate it if anyone has any ideas on what I may be doing wrong or could point me to a more appropriate location.

I'd also be happy to post code or upload the files I'm trying to get to work if that'll help at all...

thanks!

Also, these are the errors it spits out once the applet is uploaded on the webpage and I click on it:

load: class teatApp.jar not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: teatApp.jar
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: teatApp.jar

[Updated on: Sat, 08 October 2011 23:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Uploading applets to the web with Dreamweaver [message #735537 is a reply to message #734628] Wed, 12 October 2011 06:45 Go to previous message
daniel.coder.smith is currently offline daniel.coder.smithFriend
When you included the files in the project, have you used the physical path? Because it cannot locate some resources, and this might be the cause, because when you publish them, it cannot access those files anymore. Instead, try to use relative paths for all your external files and libraries and include them into your project's directory. Waiting for a feedback.

spring frame work

[Updated on: Tue, 13 December 2011 21:37]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:how to run javascripts in eclipse
Next Topic:Create and show my custom View
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:13:02 GMT 2024