Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Share a project, but with its linked ressource
Share a project, but with its linked ressource [message #734239] Fri, 07 October 2011 08:17 Go to next message
c.sileo is currently offline c.sileoFriend
As a php developer, I create projects in eclipse, where the project files and the workspace files have different locations. For example, the actual files for "MyProject" are under /srv/www/htdocs/myproject, while the files written by eclipse are under /home/user/workspaces/myproject.

So when I share a project with subversive for the first time, it takes just the files from the workspace and puts it into the repo.

How can I tell subversive to take the linked resource (the server files) instead of the project files?
Re: Share a project, but with its linked ressource [message #734819 is a reply to message #734239] Mon, 10 October 2011 05:04 Go to previous message
olly2 Mising name is currently offline olly2 Mising nameFriend
Hallo c.sileo,
I recommend to have all the files in the eclipse workspace so you can synchronize with SVN easily.

For local tests I use the debug feature (that can execute some code) of eclipse to copy the desired files to my local htdocs directory. In fact I am doing a svn export. For me this is also an advantage because I can export just what I want, so some of the documents that are also under SVN controll will not be published in the apache enviroment.

My next is a hudson/jankins server, that copies all necessary files on a companies inranet side for test purpose - after every commit.

I think it is not possible to include linked resources in SVN. Why? Because SVN is based on the file system be definition. Subversive does not reinvent the wheel and is using some standard SVN packages and right now SVN is not supporting this. In SVN there is allways a single root directory for a WC (well, it can be more complicate, but generally it is like this ..)

Regards,
Olly.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 October 2011 05:09]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Sparse SVN Updates From Eclipse
Next Topic:Possible to add commit criteria?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:51:44 GMT 2024