Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » [Help] Compiling multiple packages from eclipse
[Help] Compiling multiple packages from eclipse [message #733903] Wed, 05 October 2011 22:10 Go to next message
Kyle Milner is currently offline Kyle MilnerFriend
Hey guys,

I am learning to use Eclipse for a java project. I imported an existing java project into Eclipse. This project directory has classes/ and src/ folders among others. The src/ folder has several packages organized into directories and sub-directories. The classes/ folder contains the .class files of the .java files from the src/ folder and has the same directory structure.

Problem:
Among the several packages there is a controller package containing a .java file with a main() method, which co-ordinates all of the remaining packages. When I run it, it executes as expected. When I modify the .java file and save it, the corresponding .class file in classes/ folder does not automatically update the changes. The older code still executes.

Can somebody guide me through the steps to make the changes I make in my .java to be updated into the class library and let the new code be executed?

Thanks.
Re: [Help] Compiling multiple packages from eclipse [message #734077 is a reply to message #733903] Thu, 06 October 2011 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Make sure that the source folder (/src) is defined as a source folder on the Build Path. Project->Properties->Build Path Source tab. If Project->Build Automatically is not turned on, you need to perform a Build after saving the file.
Re: [Help] Compiling multiple packages from eclipse [message #734437 is a reply to message #734077] Fri, 07 October 2011 19:05 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
On 10/6/11 11:32 AM, dpwegener wrote:
> Make sure that the source folder (/src) is defined as a source folder on
> the Build Path. Project->Properties->Build Path Source tab. If
> Project->Build Automatically is not turned on, you need to perform a
> Build after saving the file.

Also make sure that /classes is set as the build output directory. I
think the default build output location for Java projects is /bin, but
you can change it in the Java Build Path properties of the project.

Eric
Previous Topic:Eclipse EE: starts applets from JSP
Next Topic:Web graphics. Application Devlopment.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 10:03:18 GMT 2024