Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Solving Jar Dependencies(Solving Jar Dependencies - using various methods)
Solving Jar Dependencies [message #733711] Wed, 05 October 2011 13:45 Go to next message
MK Maddy is currently offline MK MaddyFriend
Java project ProjectA inside the eclipse workspace needs it jar dependencies switching back from JarsALocation(folder having list of dependent jars) and JarsBLocation.

Not sure which is the best way to do it ?

Is is possible to use Target platform for this ? But then do I need to create a new plugin project if I have to do this way ? If so how would I refer ProjectA dependencies through this ?

Regards
MKMaddy
Re: Solving Jar Dependencies [message #733755 is a reply to message #733711] Wed, 05 October 2011 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
One way would be to create a Linked Folder either directly or using a Path Variable. In ProjectA, use File->New->Folder. Select the Advanced option at the bottom. Use Link to alternate location and click on the Browse button. Locate either JarsALocation or JarsBLocation.

When you want to change the location, right click on the folder and select Properties. You can then edit the location.

If you plan on sharing the project, use a Path Variable. That will allow other developers to have unique locations for JarsALocation and JarsBLocation.
Re: Solving Jar Dependencies [message #733994 is a reply to message #733755] Thu, 06 October 2011 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply. It can be done with your suggestion but one thing I didn't mention is doing it by without changing .classpath or .project files.
Re: Solving Jar Dependencies [message #734074 is a reply to message #733994] Thu, 06 October 2011 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Use the Path Variables approach. Path Variables are specific to the Workspace. The .classpath and .project files contain the variable name. The Workspace resolves the path based on what the user has pointed the variable to.
Re: Solving Jar Dependencies [message #734263 is a reply to message #734074] Fri, 07 October 2011 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Think I created a PATH variable for a project rather than for a workspace which is adding the location as well in the .project file.

Having resolved that now it does not pick up jars for compilation - not reading the jars but folders with .java files works. I have added the linked folder to be a source folder. Project->properties->libraries not listing them either.
Re: Solving Jar Dependencies [message #734267 is a reply to message #734263] Fri, 07 October 2011 10:34 Go to previous message
Creating User Library works but wondering what will be effect compared to Linked Resource /Path variable setup.
Previous Topic:Delay in IMarker creation for XML validation
Next Topic:Copy over an annotation to generated code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:48:30 GMT 2024