Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [acceleo] eContainer() always return an invalid object
[acceleo] eContainer() always return an invalid object [message #730974] Thu, 29 September 2011 16:06 Go to next message
Marc Missing name is currently offline Marc Missing nameFriend
I know, I should not be using nightly version of acceleo. But maybe I have not understood exactly how to use .eContainer([filter]) operation.

Until now (before moving to 3.2-dev), I was using X.eContainer() to get the object containing X, possibly casting it in the process (X.eContainer(Y)). And it was working great.

But since the move to 3.2-dev, the eContainer() always returns an invalid object:
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.DynamicEObjectImpl@128635 (eClass: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EClassImpl@292cb2 (name: OclInvalid_Class) (instanceClassName: null) (abstract: false, interface: false))

I can check in Eclipse using the debugger that my object does have the eContainer field correctly set.

If this is just me using unstable software, then I'll do my best to rollback.

If I can help debugging, I'm available!
Re: [acceleo] eContainer() always return an invalid object [message #731174 is a reply to message #730974] Fri, 30 September 2011 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Marc,

That's ... troublesome. We do not know of such a bug with the current master; and trying with the latest dev code, both "eContainer()" and "eContainer([filter])" work.

Could you provide us with a little more context on this? X.eContainer(Y) should always work, except if "X" is null or invalid; but that should not change with the latest version.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: [acceleo] eContainer() always return an invalid object [message #731195 is a reply to message #731174] Fri, 30 September 2011 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent, as you are not aware of this bug, I'll first try to check and double check that the problem does not come from my setup

Thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 30 September 2011 08:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [acceleo] eContainer() always return an invalid object [message #731219 is a reply to message #731174] Fri, 30 September 2011 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Could be meta-model schizophrenia again. Is it possible that the same
model is available in two places (plugins, projects - not necessarily
open), or accessible by two different URI spellings? If so there could
be more than one "Y".

Regards

Ed Willink

On 30/09/2011 08:48, Laurent Goubet wrote:
> Marc,
>
> That's ... troublesome. We do not know of such a bug with the current
> master; and trying with the latest dev code, both "eContainer()" and
> "eContainer([filter])" work.
>
> Could you provide us with a little more context on this?
> X.eContainer(Y) should always work, except if "X" is null or invalid;
> but that should not change with the latest version.
>
> Laurent Goubet
> Obeo
Re: [acceleo] eContainer() always return an invalid object [message #734325 is a reply to message #730974] Fri, 07 October 2011 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My setup maybe a bit strange as I'm developing a standalone compiler. I'm developing in eclipse using the plugin, but when executing, I'm using a bunch of jar files extracted from the 'plugins' directory. Until this 3.2.0 try , it was working nicely. Then, I was having a huge number of runtime exceptions (can't resolve URL, bad types, ...), so I decided to go back to my old 3.1.

Today, I updated again to 3.2.0.v20111007-0105, and my software is running fine (after having checked again that it was not working with the same set of 3.2 jars)

I guess there was something in the nightly version I was using that was not ok with my setup...
Re: [acceleo] eContainer() always return an invalid object [message #734335 is a reply to message #734325] Fri, 07 October 2011 13:42 Go to previous message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

We have indeed improved the stand alone use of Acceleo with the latest nightly builds of Acceleo 3.2.0.

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau
Google+: stephane.begaudeau
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com
Acceleo Documentation: http://docs.obeonetwork.com/acceleo
Previous Topic:[Acceleo 3.1] Template overrides
Next Topic:[Acceleo] possible to use a genmodel with acceleo?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:32:10 GMT 2024