Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Problem publishing to Tomcat 6(Persistent message "XXX is out of sync with the file system")
Problem publishing to Tomcat 6 [message #729755] Mon, 26 September 2011 22:47
Tom  is currently offline Tom Friend
Last week I updated to Eclipse Indigo and reinstalled M2E and WTP plugins (latest versions, 1.0 and 3.3). Before that I was running Eclipse Galileo with older versions and was working fine.

I have a multi-project web app workspace which builds a WAR file. For testing I have Tomcat 6.0.32 installed.

When I rebuild (either calling Maven from inside Eclipse, or using the Eclipse "clean/build" cycle) I wind up with a Tomcat installation that needs to be Republished. When I attempt to republish, I consistently get a message that one or more of my files is "out of sync with the file system."

The usual message I get is (for example):

Resource is out of sync with the file system: 'YourProject/target/classes/properties/dbinit/03_load-events.sql'.

This refers to a file that is built during the Maven build and stuffed directly into the target folder.

How is it detecting that this file is "out of sync?" And how can I tell it to stop?

Thanks...
Previous Topic:Adding Dynamic Web Project to EAR
Next Topic:Cannot recognize K_SOURCE folder when running JUnit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:24:03 GMT 2024