Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Having trouble adding new JSP page to my google app engine project.
Having trouble adding new JSP page to my google app engine project. [message #729456] Mon, 26 September 2011 08:55
Akil Mising name is currently offline Akil Mising nameFriend
Hi everyone,

I'm new to eclipse, so please don't mind my question if it seems too trivial, I'm just in need for urgent help.

I have being using Netbeans for my java projects. However, I'm currently following up a tutorial on creating google appengine project "Getting started with Google AppEngine- Java", using eclipse.

Every step works fine, until I reached the stage where I need to add a JSP page guesbook.jsp to the war directory. Once the page is added, the IDE marked the page with RED_CROSS indicating there's problem. Here are the stages I followed:

1. Right-click the root directory, Guestbook>>select New>>Others...
2. Select JSP File >>> Next.
3. Expand Guestbook directory and select war folder. Type in the filename (guestbook.jsp) >>> Next.
4. Select New JSP File (html).
5. Finish.

Yet the problem persist, I have no idea why doesn't it work. When I tried to run the project, the IDE complains that "Errors exists in required project(s)."

Can anyone shade light on this please.
Previous Topic:Possibility to remove button and a check-box from the progress modal dialog during a job execution
Next Topic:Adding Dynamic Web Project to EAR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:38:35 GMT 2024