Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Having trouble adding new JSP page to my google app engine project.
Having trouble adding new JSP page to my google app engine project. [message #729454] Mon, 26 September 2011 08:46 Go to next message
Akil Mising name is currently offline Akil Mising nameFriend
Hi everyone,

I'm new to eclipse, so please don't mind my question if it seems too trivial, I'm just in need for urgent help.

I have being using Netbeans for my java projects. However, I'm currently following up a tutorial on creating google appengine project "Getting started with Google AppEngine- Java", using eclipse.

Every step works fine, until I reached the stage where I need to add a JSP page guesbook.jsp to the war directory. Once the page is added, the IDE marked the page with RED_CROSS indicating there's problem. Here are the stages I followed:

1. Right-click the root directory, Guestbook>>select New>>Others...
2. Select JSP File >>> Next.
3. Expand Guestbook directory and select war folder. Type in the filename (guestbook.jsp) >>> Next.
4. Select New JSP File (html).
5. Finish.

Yet the problem persist, I have no idea why doesn't it work. When I tried to run the project, the IDE complains that "Errors exists in required project(s)."

Can anyone shade light on this please.
Re: Having trouble adding new JSP page to my google app engine project. [message #729685 is a reply to message #729454] Mon, 26 September 2011 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

You'll have to indicate the error message that's on the JSP File itself to get any further. It should appear in the Problems View. If not, then hover over it within the editor itself.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Having trouble adding new JSP page to my google app engine project. [message #729984 is a reply to message #729685] Tue, 27 September 2011 12:20 Go to previous message
daniel.coder.smith is currently offline daniel.coder.smithFriend
You're sure that there is nothing wrong with the JSP file? Maybe some misimported package or something, so that when you change it's context, it fails. I had a problem like this few months ago, because of a missing library. It would still be better to provide a few more details.

spring frame work

[Updated on: Tue, 13 December 2011 21:41]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:javacup PHP grammar
Next Topic:Eclipse not recognising code changes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:19:35 GMT 2024