Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Split plugin.xml in small parts(How to divide plugin.xml file in some smaller files dedicated to only one extention type. )
Split plugin.xml in small parts [message #728477] Fri, 23 September 2011 10:36 Go to next message
Bruno Sinou is currently offline Bruno SinouFriend
I have projects divided in various plugins but even doing this my plugin.xml files are growing huge, especially when starting to use conditions on the various extension points.

Is there a way to split the plugin.xml file, using a kind of 'import' mecanism or some extension file ?

Thanks

Bruno
Re: Split plugin.xml in small parts [message #874371 is a reply to message #728477] Sun, 20 May 2012 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marek Jagielski is currently offline Marek JagielskiFriend
Hi Sinou,
Have you found the answer? I made only a script that merge sub-module description into one plugin.xml.
Marek
Re: Split plugin.xml in small parts [message #880166 is a reply to message #874371] Fri, 01 June 2012 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

The PDE Editor wouldn't be able to work with your plugin.xml split into smaller files, at least not very well.

Does using XML entities allow you to suck in the smaller fragments during runtime?

PW

Re: Split plugin.xml in small parts [message #1052999 is a reply to message #880166] Wed, 01 May 2013 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marek Jagielski is currently offline Marek JagielskiFriend
Sorry,
I haven't seen your question. I was evoking my script automatically in compile-time. At least, I could well organize my plugin.xml during development. I didn't need to look into huge final file.

Marek
Re: Split plugin.xml in small parts [message #1071890 is a reply to message #1052999] Sun, 21 July 2013 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Srinivas Tennety is currently offline Srinivas TennetyFriend
Is the script used for merge files into plugin.xml based on XSLT? And is it run as ANT task at compile time?

It would be really helpful if you can share the script with everybody.

Thanks

Re: Split plugin.xml in small parts [message #1071893 is a reply to message #1052999] Sun, 21 July 2013 13:42 Go to previous message
Srinivas Tennety is currently offline Srinivas TennetyFriend
Marek Jagielski wrote on Wed, 01 May 2013 16:30
Sorry,
I haven't seen your question. I was evoking my script automatically in compile-time. At least, I could well organize my plugin.xml during development. I didn't need to look into huge final file.

Marek

Hi Marek,

Is the script you developed for this purpose based on XSLT? And is it run as an ANT task?

I would be really helpful if you can share your script or post a snippet on how you are merging the files into plugin.xml file at compile time.
Previous Topic:Standalone RCP application: missing Bundle
Next Topic:Source bundle generation for bundle only
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:53:47 GMT 2024