Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Riena » The horizontal scrollbar is not visible! Why?(How can i show the horizontal scrollbar?)
icon5.gif  The horizontal scrollbar is not visible! Why? [message #728420] Fri, 23 September 2011 09:04 Go to next message
Tihomir Todorov is currently offline Tihomir TodorovFriend
Hi all,

i have created today a tree with multiple level,
but i can't open more then 4 level (see the attached file called "horiziontal_scrollbar.png"),
bacause i can't see the horizontal scrollbar.

There are 2 implementation:

1. org.eclipse.riena.navigation.ui.swt.views.ScrollBarNavigationCompositeDeligation
and
2. org.eclipse.riena.navigation.ui.swt.views.ScrollButtonsNavigationCompositeDeligation

of the class org.eclipse.riena.navigation.ui.swt.views.AbstractNavigationCompositeDeligation,

but the both don't show the horizontall scrollbar.

So i have the following questions:

1. Is it possible to display the horizontal scrollbar?
2. If possible, how can I achieve it?

Regards,
Tihomir Todorov

P.S.: I tried to override the classes, but unfortunately there was no effect, because my methods are not invoked by Riena.
Re: The horizontal scrollbar is not visible! Why? [message #728448 is a reply to message #728420] Fri, 23 September 2011 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Campo is currently offline Christian CampoFriend
We did not implement a horizontal scrollbar mainly because that becomes totally user unfriendlich if start scrolling left and right and up and down in a navigation tree....

If you want that feature, you should open a bugzilla bug (enhancement) and we discuss it there. Of the top of my head I dont know how that would be implemented.

A simpler and way better solution is to make the navigation wider.....You need to defined a Riena Theme for that and place a line in there like

lnf.putLnfSetting(LnfKeyConstants.NAVIGATION_WIDTH,200); or what every pixel you want.

Rather than a horizontal scrollbar we could also add a sash which would allow you change the size of the navigation dynamically. There is already a bug for that https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=276868

If you have comments or questions, feel free to ask

christian campo
Re: The horizontal scrollbar is not visible! Why? [message #728473 is a reply to message #728420] Fri, 23 September 2011 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Christian,

Thanks! It'll help me definitely.

greetings,
Tihomir Todorov
Re: The horizontal scrollbar is not visible! Why? [message #731282 is a reply to message #728473] Fri, 30 September 2011 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rrathsam is currently offline rrathsamFriend
Hi Tihomir / Christian / Riena Community,

I have a quick question that I was hoping one of you would be able to answer for me. Tihomir in your original forum post / screenshot the navigation pane that is shown has a vertical scroll bar visible as opposed to the two up / down buttons that I have noticed in my Riena applications. My question is this, how would I enable this vertical scroll bar in my Riena application?

Thank you so much for your time and help,

Ryan Rathsam

[Updated on: Fri, 30 September 2011 15:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The horizontal scrollbar is not visible! Why? [message #731566 is a reply to message #728420] Sat, 01 October 2011 19:19 Go to previous message
Hi Ryan,

You need to defined a riena Theme for that and place a line in there like

lnf.putLnfSetting(LnfKeyConstants.NAVIGATION_SCROLL_BAR, true);

Greetings,
Tihomir Todorov
Previous Topic:Riena Assembly Editor deactivates menu commands and shortcuts
Next Topic:submodule and foreach
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:04:16 GMT 2024