Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Element Ordering
Element Ordering [message #728256] Thu, 22 September 2011 19:45 Go to next message
Kamesh Sampath is currently offline Kamesh SampathFriend
I am seeing a peculiar scenario, am editing an xml on my sapphire based editor, my xml is backed by an XSD. Now the ordering of element is getting jumbled Sad , whenever i add a child element its always added to the end rather than is place defined in XSD.

Anyway we can control this so that my element comes in order as defined by XSD ?

~Kamesh
Re: Element Ordering [message #728259 is a reply to message #728256] Thu, 22 September 2011 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
Sapphire figures out element ordering based on what's dictated by XSD. While it's possible that there is a bug in the algorithm, I would first verify that schema declaration (as shown in source view is correct). Check that you get schema based validation in the source view. If you are getting schema based validation, are the "jumbled" elements being flagged as problems? If they are not, then it's likely that Sapphire is following the correct order per XSD specification. Take another look at the schema, perhaps "choice" or "any" constructs are used in places where you are assuming "sequence".

- Konstantin
Re: Element Ordering [message #770839 is a reply to message #728259] Sun, 25 December 2011 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roded Bahat is currently offline Roded BahatFriend
I'm experiencing the same issue originally described by Kamesh.
Schema based validation in the source seems to be working well, elements out of order (in a xs:sequence) are marked and flagged as problems.
Though when Sapphire adds the same elements they are not inserted in the right position in the document.
Re: Element Ordering [message #771171 is a reply to message #770839] Mon, 26 December 2011 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
Please start a new thread with your specific details. Make sure to include the schema and enough of the model so that I can setup a repro if something doesn't immediately jump out at me when I read the source listing.

- Konstantin
Re: Element Ordering [message #771462 is a reply to message #771171] Tue, 27 December 2011 10:28 Go to previous message
Roded Bahat is currently offline Roded BahatFriend
New thread
Previous Topic:Editing transient properties via a property editor
Next Topic:Implementing ContentProposalService for child properties
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:47:32 GMT 2024