Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » problem with eclipse commit
problem with eclipse commit [message #728161] Thu, 22 September 2011 16:19 Go to next message
Luca Ferrari is currently offline Luca FerrariFriend
Hello,
I've got a project that since a few days is behaving strangely. When I perform a change I see the file marked with the ">" symbol. If I commit I can see the file listed for the commit. After the commit the file is decorated with the "add" icon (the black square) and a new commit request shows me the same file. If I query the git repository from the command line I can see that the file is still in the stage and must be committed. If I git log the repository, the last commit is shown.
It does not mind how many times I commit from eclipse, the file still remains decorated and in the stage. If I commit from the command line than the file is removed from the stage and the decorator icon disappears.
I'm using git 1.7.1, eclipse helios 20110301-1815 and egit 0.1.11.
It worked fine up to a few days ago, and I'm pretty sure nothing changed in the machine. Any idea?

Re: problem with eclipse commit [message #728183 is a reply to message #728161] Thu, 22 September 2011 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
R Shapiro is currently offline R ShapiroFriend
You really should be running at least egit 1.0 at this point. That's the current stable release. Probably you should be running 1.1, which is a significant advance over 1.0 and will become the stable release any day now. You're not likely to get much assistance for versions 0.x any more.

Re: problem with eclipse commit [message #728487 is a reply to message #728161] Fri, 23 September 2011 10:56 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
The first EGit release at Eclipse was 0.7, so either you misspelled the version or you are using a version which should be replaced by a recent one. EGit 1.1 was released yesterday, so I recommend to use that.
Previous Topic:GitHub Mylyn Connector 1.1
Next Topic:Git Staging 1.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:48:00 GMT 2024