Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » WBPro plugin will not install in Eclipse 3.6.2
WBPro plugin will not install in Eclipse 3.6.2 [message #726758] Mon, 19 September 2011 13:00 Go to next message
Mark Lorenz is currently offline Mark LorenzFriend
If I point Eclipse to the update site (...download.eclipse.org/windowbuilder/WB/release/R201106211200/3.6/), it just sits there forever looking for the plugin details to list.

I then downloaded the code to my system and pointed Eclipse to my local "update site". That got me the list of options to install, but when I pick all but Swing it sits there forever "calculating requirements and dependencies".

I then found advice to remove some of the sites "Available software" and tried again - same result, calculates forever (been 20 min at this point).

I've searched the forum and elsewhere and don't find any ideas on what's wrong or what to try to resolve this. Can anyone help?

Thanks! Mark
Re: WBPro plugin will not install in Eclipse 3.6.2 [message #726936 is a reply to message #726758] Tue, 20 September 2011 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
I tried a clean install using the exact versions you mentioned and it worked just fine. It did spend a minute or so on the "calculating requirements and dependencies" bit, but that is what I would expect to see.

BTW, at no point during the install process are you running any WindowBuilder code. This is all Eclipse code and the time spent in "calculating requirements and dependencies" is all time spent there or in communicating with various update sites.

It is true that the more update sites you have listed (and the more plugins you have installed), the longer it will take, since Eclipse has to use all of them to resolve all of your dependencies (not just the ones for WindowBuilder which are trivial).

What happens if you use a clean Eclipse install?
Re: WBPro plugin will not install in Eclipse 3.6.2 [message #727106 is a reply to message #726936] Tue, 20 September 2011 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Lorenz is currently offline Mark LorenzFriend
Thanks for the reply Eric. I finally got it to work. I had to uncheck all the update sites except WBPro in order to get it to work. Something in the list must have been holding it up. I had removed most but not all before. Argh. Thanks again.

For anyone else, use the "Available Software Sites" link on the install new software dialog to unselect sites.
Re: WBPro plugin will not install in Eclipse 3.6.2 [message #727246 is a reply to message #727106] Tue, 20 September 2011 17:17 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
If one of those update sites was having communications problems, it could have severely slowed down the entire process.
Previous Topic:JFace Databinding
Next Topic:Data Binding Question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 15:20:47 GMT 2024