Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Multiple PictogramElements for single BusinessElement(.. and Pictogramelements without linked business element)
Multiple PictogramElements for single BusinessElement [message #726022] Fri, 16 September 2011 12:39 Go to next message
Christian B is currently offline Christian BFriend
Hi,

I want to create a flow Editor. At the beginning I create one Flow-BusinessObject and then the following three Pictogramelements should be created (StartNode, Endnode and Connection):

http://image-upload.de/image/q82Lsb/cc51646ce1.png

How do create more then one Pictogramelement for one businessobject? Is the only way to have a containershape and then three shapes in it?

And is it possible to add a Pictogrammelement without having a Business Object?
Re: Multiple PictogramElements for single BusinessElement [message #726032 is a reply to message #726022] Fri, 16 September 2011 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Gorning is currently offline Matthias GorningFriend
In your add feature you can create so many PictogramElements as you want.

Or is the question about linking business objects with pictogram elements? You can link the same business object to more then one pictogram element. This is also no problem.

Re: Multiple PictogramElements for single BusinessElement [message #726035 is a reply to message #726032] Fri, 16 September 2011 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Gorning wrote on Fri, 16 September 2011 08:49
In your add feature you can create so many PictogramElements as you want.

yeah, but i can only return exactly one Pictogramelement in the add feature. So if i create the three PE's for StartNode, Connection and EndNode, i have to put them in a Container PE and return that Container PE. Am I right?
If I do so, is it possible for the user to select each of the three PE's distinctly or can he only select the container PE? And does the container PE need a graphic algorithm?

Re: Multiple PictogramElements for single BusinessElement [message #726041 is a reply to message #726035] Fri, 16 September 2011 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In my opinion a container shape doesn't make sense. It is OK if you return only one PictogramElement. That means only this one will be selected after the creation. Is that behaviour OK for you?
Re: Multiple PictogramElements for single BusinessElement [message #726050 is a reply to message #726041] Fri, 16 September 2011 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that's okay, if the other two PE's are selectable as well. thx!

Any input for the other question: Wink
Is it possible to add a Pictogrammelement without having a Business Object?
Re: Multiple PictogramElements for single BusinessElement [message #726066 is a reply to message #726050] Fri, 16 September 2011 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They will be selectable if your main PE's for StartNode, Connection and EndNode are all set to active.

Yes, it is possible to add a PE without having a BO.

If you have PE's linked with the same BO, or PE's without a BO you must be able to differentiate your PE's in your feature provider. You can simply do this, by adding properties to such kind of PE's.
Re: Multiple PictogramElements for single BusinessElement [message #1454510 is a reply to message #726066] Tue, 28 October 2014 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simone Di Cola is currently offline Simone Di ColaFriend
Hi all,
How do I link a pictogram element added to a diagram with a bo of another diagram?
Moreover, how can I update the diagram automatically when the underlying BO changes?

Thanks
Simone
Re: Multiple PictogramElements for single BusinessElement [message #1455696 is a reply to message #1454510] Wed, 29 October 2014 17:04 Go to previous message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
Simone Di Cola wrote on Tue, 28 October 2014 09:27
Hi all,
How do I link a pictogram element added to a diagram with a bo of another diagram?
Moreover, how can I update the diagram automatically when the underlying BO changes?

Thanks
Simone

You can use Update Feature provided by Graphiti

[Updated on: Wed, 29 October 2014 17:05]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Distinguishing between ContainerShapes
Next Topic:Switch programmatically to move mode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:52:57 GMT 2024